Oil Slick Photo Tutorial
Featuring the new Makeup Geek X MannyMUA Palette, this sparkly smoky eye is a stunner! Sure to keep onlookers guessing, the intense duochrome effect on the lid creates a beautiful color shift. A new look from all angles, it’s a lot like an oil slick—follow this step-by-step photo tutorial to see it come together from start to finish.
- Makeup Geek Sparkler in Stargazer
- MannyMUA x Makeup Geek Palette
- Makeup Geek’s Defined Crease Brush
- Makeup Geek’s Soft Dome Brush
- Makeup Geek’s Small Crease Brush
- Makeup Geek’s Pencil Brush
- Makeup Geek’s Outer V Brush
- A flat stiff brush (Like MAC’s 239)
Apply Sora as the transition color with a soft dome brush
Blend Mars into the crease and slightly above creating a halo effect using a defined crease brush
Using Aphrodite & a small crease brush, deepen the crease and bring it down onto the inner and outer corners of the lid
Pat Insomnia all over the lid with a flat stiff brush, blending outward slightly with a clean soft dome brush.
- Apply Sora to the lower lash line with a clean small crease brush blending slightly
- Blend Aphrodite over Sora with a pencil brush
- Pat Insomnia over the two colors with a flat synthetic brush
- Apply Stargazer just below the previous shades on the lower lid and the inner corner with a clean flat stiff brush
Apply a thick set of false lashes and apply your favorite lower lash mascara and you’re all set!
Thank you so much for reading! For more tutorials and looks by me, check out my Instagram, Twitter, and visit my blog!