I know many of you wear neutral eyeshadows every day to work (which is totally ok), but I’m hoping to get you to branch out and wear some colors during your work week! You can wear colors, but it’s all in how and where you place the color.
HERE’S MY 4 TIPS FOR WEARING COLORS:
- Pick just 1 color and apply it to 1 part of the eye. So either along the lashline OR in the inner tear duct OR on the outer part of the eye. 1 color, 1 place. I call it “strategic placement”.
- Always pair a color with a neutral. Having a neutral surrounding a color automatically tones it down and makes it more work appropriate.
- Pick a color that is light to medium in color. The darker the color, the more dramatic it is. (If you want to wear a dark color, keep it close to the lashline)
- If you’re afraid of color, start with purples or greens. Because these colors aren’t too vivid and look great on every skin and eye color, they’re a safe bet for being more daytime appropriate. (think of blue and orange- not really the most safe colors for makeup! haha)
LOOK 1: ALONG THE LASHLINE
- Milani Liquif’eye Eyeliner – Aqua or Makeup Geek Gel Liner – Fame
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Sea Mist
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Creme Brulee
LOOK 2: IN THE OUTER CORNER
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Wisteria
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Homecoming
LOOK 3: ALL OVER THE LID
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Shimmermint
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Purely Naked
- OPTIONAL: Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Corrupt (along the lashline)
LOOK 4: IN THE INNER TEARDUCT
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Mango Tango
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Shimma Shimma
- OPTIONAL Makeup Geek Gel Liner – Immortal
Thanks to maxineczka for supplying these great photos - make sure to checkout her youtube channel
This will add all products to wishlist or cart