Today I have a special tutorial, for all my teen Makeup Geeks, this one is just for you. I am going to show you this easy party makeup that you can do using all drugstore products so it’s really inexpensive and still looks amazing. I also want to share with you the must haves in your makeup collection if you are just starting out, want to advance your collection, or want to make sure you have the all important basics. :-)
If you are a teen and you are just starting out in makeup all you need is a good mascara and a lipgloss. My favorite mascara is the L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara as it makes your lashes dark black and adds both length and volume. For lipgloss, the best to have is NYX in Beige. Its a soft pink that looks great on every skintone at any age.
Mid – Teens
For those of you who are in your mid teens you will want to start using a little bit of concealer. My favorite one is the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. It comes in a wand form and is easy to apply. Just dab it over your blemishes and pat lightly with your finger. The great thing about this concealer is that it covers really well without being to thick or to cakey. You can also begin to wear a little more color on your lips. A good lipstain is perfect for this. I really like the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lipstains because they apply very easily, just like a crayon. They have great colors and once you blend them out it just comes across as a nice stain that looks very natural and not to heavy.
Once you move into your later teens, you can start wearing eyeliner, eyeshadows, blush and all the other fun stuff that comes with it. My favorite blush is by Milani and the color Luminous is a perfect color. It’s a soft peachy/pink that gives the cheeks a soft glow when applied to the apples of the cheeks. My favorite eyeshadows to wear, which can be applied with your clean fingers, are the L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows. Just swipe or pat a small amount over the lid and you are good to go. If you want something that’s waterproof and still easy to apply try the Maybelline Color Tattoos. These are easy to apply by using your ring finger and swiping a small amount on the lid staying below the crease. These add a perfect pop of color to the eyes. For the eyeliner, if you want to apply it in the waterline or along the upper or lower lashline, use the L’Oreal Hip Eyeliners. These are very creamy and glide on smoothly. The must have colors are a dark brown, a dark purple, and if you have darker features or want something more dramatic for night or weekends, get a black as well. The Milani Liquif’eye Liners work great too. Lastly, if you prefer a gel liner or want something a little stronger in terms of pigmentation and staying power, the Maybelline Eye Studios are by far my favorites.
- Milani Blush in “Luminous” – (Amazon) (eBay)
- L’Oreal Innfallible Eyeshadows – (Amazon) (eBay)
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in “Bold Gold” – (Amazon) (eBay)
- L’Oreal Hip Eyeliners in Dark Brown – (Amazon) (eBay) ; “Violet Volt” (Amazon) (eBay) ; Black (Amazon) (eBay)
- Milani Liquif’eye Liners – “Brown” (Amazon) (eBay) ; “Purple” (Amazon) (eBay) ; “Black” (Amazon) (eBay)
- Revlon Age Defying Concealer – (Amazon) (eBay)
- Milani Minerals Blush – #201″ Luminous” – (Amazon) (eBay)
- L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow -# 892 “Amber Rush” (Amazon) (eBay)
- L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow – #997 “Eternal Sunshine” – (Amazon) (eBay)
- Maybelline Eyestudio Eyeliner – “Brown” – (Amazon) (eBay)
- L’oreal Voluminous Mascara – “Carbon Black” – (Amazon) (eBay)
- Makeup Geek Eye Shader Brush – (Makeup Geek Store)
- Makeup Geek Pointed Crease Brush – (Makeup Geek Store)
- Makeup Geek Deluxe Angled Contouring Brush – (Makeup Geek Store)
And there you go, the perfect look for any teen who needs or wants a great party look! With so many color combination in the L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows, the combinations are limitless. Just remember to always let your natural beauty shine through no matter what. :-)