Today I am going to give you all the information I know about cream blushes. I know some of you are intimated by them and how to use them. The main questions I hear are how to apply them and what kinds are best. So for this video I am going to provide everything you need to know about how they work, when its best to use them, how to apply them and everything else you need to make sure you get the most from these remarkable products.
Who is Cream Blush best for?
- Dry Skin – If you have dry skin then cream blushes are going to work amazingly for you. If you use a powder blush on top of your dry skin the powder can enhance the dry look of your skin and make your cheeks look very dull. However, using a cream blush will add extra moisture to your skin and add a youthful glow to your skin that a powder blush won’t provide.
- Aging Skin – As we age our skin tends to get drier. Using a cream blush will automatically add a youthful glow back to your face along with a dewiness we tend to lose as we get older.
- Cold Climates – A cream blush is ideal for those of you who live in colder climates, or during the colder months. Cream blushes sit on the skin and add moisture that the cold air takes away. For those of you who live in warmer climates or where it’s humid, a cream product can actually slide, melt or make you look more oily. It’s best to use a cream blush in the colder seasons or if you live in a cold climate.
My Favorite Cream Blushes
Stila Convertible Cream Blush
I love this because it’s a dual purpose product that can be used on the lips and cheeks. These are very highly pigmented and not sticky which makes them easy to apply. This non-greasy, creamy formula adds the perfect glow to the cheeks.
Illamasqua Cream Blush
This rich and creamy blushes are highly pigmented and glide on the cheeks smoothly and evenly. They give a perfect glow to the cheeks and have a great range of colors for fair skin to dark skin.
NYX Cream Blush
These are by far the least inexpensive of the bunch. However, they don’t lack on quality. They are highly pigmented, aren’t sticky and don’t leave your skin looking oily. They come in a wide range of colors for fair skin to dark skin.
How to Apply
- Fingers – This is by far my favorite method of applying cream blush. Using your clean two middle fingers, pat your fingers into the blush picking up some of the product. Smile and apply the blush to the apples of the cheeks and blend the color backward. If you feel you have applied too much color, use a sponge like a Beauty Blender and pat over the top to pick up some of the color until you get your desired color.
- Cheek Highlighter Brush – This brush has a soft, flat top that allows you to stipple the cream blush onto your cheeks. Gently stipple the brush into the blush picking up a small amount. Apply it the same way by smiling and placing on the apples of your cheeks and blend backward. Using a brush isn’t my favorite method as it applies too much and you will probably have to go back with a sponge and remove some color.
- Beauty Blender or Sponge – The only thing I recommend using this for is for tapping off any excess color on your cheeks and blending the color out.
I hope all this information is helpful for you all! Don’t be afraid to use cream blushes as they give such a nice finish to the skin. Always apply lightly and build as needed.
Have a great week!