Hot summer days are here, and with it the fresh, vibrant colors of summer. Now is the perfect time to pull out your more colorful eyeshadows and try something new. This soft wash of playful shades on your eyes will add an air of summer fun to your look without being to dramatic. Perfect for a day out with friends or even a warm summer night out with someone special. Either way, this eye-catching look is sure to become a fast summer favorite.
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra (Amazon) (Sephora) (eBay)
- Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer – #2 (Amazon) (eBay)
- Benefit Powderflage Light Diffusing Powder Concealer
- Benefit Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover Up – Honey (Amazon) (sephora) (eBay)
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer – Original Chocolate (eBay)
- Makeup Geek Lipstick – Delightful (Makeup Geek Store)
- NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss – Nude Pink (Makeup Geek Store)
- Stila Prime Pot – Caramel (Amazon) (Sephora)
- MAC Paint Pot – Quite Natural (Amazon) (eBay)
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Mandarine (Pan / Compact)
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Mango Tango (Pan / Compact)
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Chickadee (Pan / Compact)
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Razzleberry (Pan / Compact)
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Bling (Pan / Compact)
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Gold Digger (Pan / Compact)
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – Beaches & Cream (Pan / Compact)
- Stila Kojal Eyeliner – Topaz (Amazon) (Sephora)
- Makeup Geek Gel Liner – Teddy (Hopefully Released by end of 2012)
- Makeup Geek – Beauty Blender (Makeup Geek Store)
- Makeup Geek – Small Crease Brush (Makeup Geek Store)
- Makeup Geek – Contour Brush (Makeup Geek Store)
- Makeup Geek – Soft Dome Brush (Makeup Geek Store)
- Makeup Geek – Pointed Crease Brush (Makeup Geek Store)
- Makeup Geek – Eye Shader Brush (Makeup Geek Store)
- Makeup Geek – Flat Foundation Brush (Makeup Geek Store)
- Makeup Forever Brush – 20S (eBay)
- Makeup Forever Brush – 2s (Amazon) (Sephora) (eBay)
- NYX – Powder Puff (Makeup Geek Store)
Get the Look
- Begin as always by priming your eyes with a good primer. Here we used Stila Prime Pot in the color Carmel. Other good primers include Palladio Eyeshadow Primer, Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance. If you don’t have a primer a good concealer will work as well.
- Begin with a flat, stiff brush like the Makeup Geek Flat Eye Shader Brush and begin placing the color Gold Digger to the inner ½ of the eye.
- Using the tip of the same brush, apply the color Gold Digger under the inner ½ of the lower lashline to help the eyes pop.
- Wipe off the same brush really well, and apply the color Mango Tango to the outer ½ of the eye where the Gold Digger left off making sure to pat gently over the line created with the Gold Digger to blend it out.
- Now with the Makeup Geek Small Crease Brush, place the color Chickadee into the crease and rock it back and forth using windshield wiper motions. Make sure you blend out any harsh lines from the previous colors.
- Again, wipe off that brush really well and go in with a color close to your skin tone. Here we used our newest shade Beaches and Cream. Use this color under the brow bone right above where you place the Chickadee and blend out.
- This step is optional depending on how your want your eyes to look. To add a pop of highlight to the eyes, go in with the shade Bling and with the Flat Eye Brush, place the color under the highest point of the arch buffing the color slightly so it doesn’t appear harsh. Also place this color in the inner corner of the eye not covering up the Gold Digger. If you want, you can use a more pointed brush for this to get into the corner of the eye.
- If you want to intensify the look, add a small amount of the color Razzleberry to the outer v portion of the eye.
- With a small eyeliner brush, apply a matte brown shade to the outer ½ of the eye and slightly wing it on the end.
- Again, this step is completely optional. To help open the eyes and give them the appearance of well rested and help them look more open, use a nude liner to line to the waterline of your eye.
- Curl your lashes and apply your favorite mascara for a complete, polished look.
- To clean up any fall out, or help conceal any under eye problems, use a concealer and place gently under the eyes, use a fluffy brush like the Makeup Geek’s Soft Dome Brush, and gently sweep the concealer under the eyes.
- With the same fluffy dome brush, pick up the smallest amount of powder you can and brush it gently over the concealer to help set it.
- Using a bronzer of your choice, we used Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in the color Original Chocolate and a contour brush; apply the bronzer directly under the cheekbones.
- With a small stippling brush like the Makeup Forever 20S, or a blush brush of your choice, take the eyeshadow Mango Tango and place it on the back of your cheeks blending it into the bronzer.
- With a small concealer brush, take a highlighter of your choice, we used Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer #2 and place it right above where you placed the Mango Tango on your cheeks. Use a patting motion to blend the highlighter onto the cheeks and feather out slightly.
- Use a nice medium pink shade to fill in the lips. We are using our new Makeup Geek Lipstick in Delightful.
- Apply a layer of NYX lipgloss in Nude Pink or any soft shade of pink you have will work nicely.
- And there you have it, a nice fun, fresh look for summer without being to dramatic. With just a few tools and shades you can create a stunning summer look in no time. Summer is for fun so make sure your makeup is as fun and playful as you are!