OK Makeup Geeks, I have a super fun video of some hot new products that I really wanted to share with you. I recently went to Sephora and got some new goodies and I wanted to show them to you and let you know what I think of them and if they are worth trying.
Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
I have been wearing this for over a week now and I can’t tell you how much I love this foundation. This foundation is paraben free, mineral oil free and talc free. This is great for me because my skin breaks out easily. This comes in a convenient squeeze tube and retails for $40.00 for 1 ounce of product. I wear the color G40. This will last a while though as a little goes a long way. The feeling is very silicon like and it feels amazing on the skin as it doesn’t cake up or feel heavy. This comes in a wide range of colors (24 to be exact). The water-resistant formula has Vitamins C and E which soothe inflammation and reduce redness.
Cover FX Cream Concealer
This concealer comes in a squeeze tube and is easy to access. Mine is the color medium/deep simply because I need something darker for under my eyes to cover the dark circles. This has the ideal silky consistency for under the eyes. It glides on smoothly and evenly and doesn’t get cakey like many under eye concealers do. You get 0.33 ounces for $27.00 which will last a while as a little goes a long way. This also does not contain gluten, mineral oil or talc. This comes in 12 shades so you are sure to find one that works for you.
Cover FX Blotting Powder
I really wanted to check out this brand since are really trying hard not to use bad ingredients. This is their powder in the color Light, which I got for use under my eyes to brighten up the area. It also is available in medium and deep. The formula is very smooth and silky and doesn’t feel heavy at all. I love the sleek compact as it’s convenient for putting in your purse and taking it with you for touch-ups wherever you go. You get 0.4 ounces of mineral, paraben and talc free product which is great for the skin.
Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiageing & Antiwrinkle Concealer
This is a lot like the Cover FX concealer, this is the color tan which great for under my eyes. This has a gel like consistency and doesn’t cake up, crease or get into the fine lines under my eyes which can make you look older. This aids and protects the skin around the eye and contains the natural antioxidants, Quercetin & Oak, which aids in minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This comes in four shades; fair, light, medium beige and medium tan.
Kat Von D Everlasting Blushes
These blushes are perfection! What I love about them is they are completely talc free but they are so smooth. I am very impressed by these. I love the packaging on these. They have a sleek black design with textured flowers on the front, perfect for a blush compact. I do feel like there could have been a wider range of colors but for the ones she did have they were really nice.
- Shady Business 1 – Pearlized brown with a slight gold shimmer. This will be great for light to medium skin, if you have darker skin you might be able to use this as a highlight. They also make a #2 which is better for darker skintones. This is a nice tan color that isn’t to orange and won’t make you look like an Oompa-Loompa.
- Truth – A natural flush pink shade with a matte finish. Very creamy and smooth.
- Wish – Nude peach with a subtle shimmer to it. This is ideal for light to medium skin; you dark skin girls can use this as a beautiful highlight. I got it because I am trying to incorporate more peach colors for the spring and summer.
- Essex – This is a cool rose shade that will look best or medium skin tones.
Illamasqua Gleam Cream
This lightweight cream adds lifts and adds highlights to wherever you apply it. This has a creamy consistency that is perfect since my skin can be dry sometimes; this gives a dewy finish to the skin. It’s very smooth and non-greasy and non-glittery, which I love.
- Aurora – This has a golden under-base which won’t make me look pink at all it will just add a nice warm glow to the skin. Perfect for the summer.
Where to Buy: Sephora
Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12 Hour Lipstick
These are pricey but I absolutely love these! I love the packaging with the bamboo at the bottom and the colored designed top; it’s amazing. These have amazing pigmentation and glide on smoothly for a stunning finish. These are long-lasting, creamy and don’t feel drying on the lips.
- Foxy – A true deep pink, fuchsia shade. This is great for all skintones but you darker skinned girls will look absolutely stunning in this color.
- Playful – This is a cool tones purple/rose shade that will look great on everyone.
- Whimsy – A bright medium cool pink color that will look amazing on every skin color. This is a fun, girly color to have for the summer.
- Fierce – This red has orange undertones that will look best on medium to dark skintones. I prefer cool toned reds for fair skin.
- Wild – This is a cool red that is almost a berry color. This color will look great on every skintone whether it’s light, medium or dark.
Nars Lipstick in Scarlett Empress
This is a stunning plum shade that will be perfect for the fall months. This would be ideal on those days when you want to do minimal eye makeup and have stunning plum colored lipst to play up. This color will work for every skintone.
Bare Escentuals in Swinger
This is a vivid magenta/purple shade with a satin finish.
And that’s it for my Sephora haul. I hope you found something in here you are going to try and if you do leave me a comment and let me know what you think of it.