Unfortunately I am disappointed with this colour.
It was SO much more blue in real life than the picture. It's more blue than purple. I also thought it was quit dry. :( Skip this one
- More Info
DetailsAll About This Color: Primp and proper and born of royalty, this velvety violet color will help you look elegant when you attend the next Royal Ball. The Bottom Line: Matte cool purple About Makeup Geek Eyeshadows
- These are all highly-pigmented – just check out the swatches!
- Half the price of high end shadows without sacrificing quality
- This kit is for the eyeshadow pans only -- they do not come in compacts or a palette
- These pans can be placed in empty palettes such as Z-Palettes.
- Eyeshadow pan weight is 1.8G / 0.064 oz
- With a separate palette, you can build your own custom palettes (and save the extra cost and the plastic that eyeshadow compacts bring)
- All our shadows are cruelty-free -- we do not test our products on animals
- These eyeshadows are Paraben-Free
- We ship worldwide at affordable rates
Manufacturer Makeup Geek Finish Matte Multi Color No Vegan No Cruelty-free Yes Talcum-free Yes Paraben-free Yes Color Family No Shade No LTUTC Text N/A LTUTC Video N/A
4 Review(s) | Write a review
This color was off-putting for me. I looked at it when it arrived and it was MUCH more blue than it looked in pictures. And it definitely doesn't look matte to me, I compared the finish of it right next to mocha (a beautiful matte brown, but it's a natural matte finish, not a non-dimensional matte) and country girl (a shimmery finish) and the finish of it was identical to country girl. I'm not sure if that was just mine or if this is normal for this color. It is still beautiful in my opinion and I TOTALLY use it, but it's just not what I expected it to be. That being said, it's pretty useless without an eyeshadow primer of some sort. I tried to swatch it on my arm without a primer and it was so sheer and the fallout was terrible, the same went for when I tried to apply it to my eyes. With a primer though (I prefer ELF's eyeshadow primer currently) it went on so smooth and creamy, and very pigmented. I always use a primer, so this wasn't a huge deal for me.
I was skeptical to get this color, but I'm glad I did. For a matte shade I was quite impressed with the pigmentation, and it actually looks brighter in real life than the pictures. It's not one of my absolute favs, but I'm still glad I got it. Some colors are the stars of the show and some are extras, and this is a good extra to have to blend out more intense colors.
I bought 7 shades, and out of all 7 this was my least favorite as far as quality goes. This one seemed a little chalky to me. But it did last longer then most. The color is not a favorite of mine either, but that's a personal opinion. Might look better on someone else
See all customer reviews