Happy Friday, makeup geeks! I realized that in the last 4 years, I haven’t come up with a club makeup for you dance freaks out there ;) Instead of the usual black smokey eye, I wanted something still dark and sexy but with a lil’ kick- some purple and some glitter. Here’s a dramatic, eye catching look that is perfect for the dance floor.
Be safe and have a great weekend!
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation “#153” (Amazon) (eBay) (Sephora)
- Benefit Powderflage – (eBay)
- DiorSkin Forever Compact Powder – “060” (Amazon) (Sephora)
- Mac Blush – “Pink Swoon” (Amazon) (eBay) (Nordstrom)
- Palladio Rice Powder – “Warm Beige” (Makeup Geek Store)
- Too Faced Eye Brow Pencil – “Brown-y” (Amazon) (Sephora)
- Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel – “Brunette” (Amazon) (Sephora) (Nordstrom)
- Save Money on the Essentials with the Club Makeup Look Kit
- Stila Prime Pot – “Caramel” (Amazon) (eBay) (Sephora)
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – “Glamorous” (Pan Version | Compact Version)
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – “Galaxy” (Pan Version | Compact Version)
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – “Pretentious” (Pan Version | Compact Version)
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – “Corrupt” (Pan Version | Compact Version)
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – “Unexpected” (Pan Version | Compact Version)
- MAC Eyeshadow – “Samoa Silk” (Amazon) (eBay) or Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – “Peach Smoothie” (Pan Version | Compact Version)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream – “#02” (Amazon) (Sephora)
- MAC Glitter – “Reflects Antique Gold” (Makeup Geek Store)
- Duo Lash Adhesive – “Black” (Makeup Geek Store)
- Ardell Flase Lashes – “Demi Luvies” (Makeup Geek Store)
- Bobbie Brown Gel Liner – ” Violet Ink” (Amazon) (eBay) (Sephora)
- Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara (Amazon) (eBay) (Sephora)
- NYX Lip Liner Pencil – “Rose” (Makeup Geek Store)
- Makeup Geek Lipstick – “Innocent” (Makeup Geek Store)
- Lancome Lip Gloss – “City Mauve”
- MAC 109 Brush (Amazon) (eBay) (Macy’s) (Nordstrom)
- Makeup Geek Eye Shader Brush (Makeup Geek Store)
- Makeup Geek Outer V Brush (Makeup Geek Store)
Get the Look
- As always, begin by priming the eye with a good primer from lash line to brow. Here we are using Stilla’s Prime Pot which adds a touch of coverage to the lids to help conceal them. You can use any primer that you prefer.
- Next, take an Outer V brush or any small dome shaped brush, and apply the color Galaxy by Makeup Geek to the outer portion of the eye coming in 1/3 of the way and staying below the crease. You just want to darken the outer edge of the eye.
- Wipe off that same brush and go in with the color Unexpected also by Makeup Geek and sweep the color in the crease area only coming in 1/3 – 1/2 of the way depending on the size of your eyes.
- Without picking up anymore color, continue to blend the Unexpected up and buff the color out.
- To blend out any harsh lines from the Unexpected, take a color close to your skintone, here we use Samoa Silk by MAC, and buff out any harsh lines using windshield wiper motions. (Lighter skintones can use Makeup Geek’s Vanilla Bean or MAC’s Vanilla, whatever is closest to your particular skintone.)
- Next, to help the glitter adhere to the eyelid we are going to use a cream eyeshadow. This one is Makeup Forever Aqua Cream #2 in Steel. (A good alternative would be Maybelline Color Tattoo in Audacious Asphalt) Gently press the color onto the lower eyelid staying under the crease.
- Using a flat, stiff brush, take MAC’s Antique Gold glitter and gently pack the glitter over the area you placed the cream eyeshadow.
- Wipe off that brush really well and go in with Pretentious by Makeup Geek and sweep the color near the inner tear duct coming up slightly into the purple and in onto the glitter ever so slightly.
- With the very tip of that same brush, pick up the pretentious shade again and place in the inner tear duct on the lower lash line going in 1/3 of the way.
- Again with the same brush, take the tip and dip it into your favorite black eyeshadow. We are using Corrupt by Makeup Geek smudge the color out along the outer 1/3 of the upper lashline to help darken it. Then place the same color under the lower lashline coming in about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way.
- Go back in with the shade Galaxy and place along the middle of the lower lashline between the black and the copper shade.
- Now take any purple eyeliner and dip it into a Bobbi Brown’s Violet Ink place the color along the lower waterline.
- To finish up the eyes, add a pair of your favorite dramatic lashes. We used Ardell’s Demi Luvies to add the perfect pop of dramatic flair and add your favorite mascara.
- For the face we are going to apply a bronze under the cheekbones and blend the color out to fade it. Make sure to go up the sides of the temples and buff it in to warm up the skin.
- Next, go in with a matte finish blush, we are using Pink Swoon by MAC. If you have lighter skin use a lighter shade, but this is perfect for medium to dark skin. Buff the color onto the top of the cheekbones and blend out toward the hairline. (Make sure not to use a glittery blush, with glitter on the eyes it will be overpowering)
- To make sure you lip color last throughout the night, line your lips with a stunning shade like NYX’s Rose and fill the lips in with it as well. This will help you color last.
- Top the lipliner off with your lipstick. We are using Makeup Geek’s Innocent and top it with your favorite lipgloss.
And there you have it, the perfect sexy makeup for hitting all your favorite clubs. This amazing look is sure to catch the eye of everyone on the dance floor. Be happy and safe!