You may remember Petja from the wonderful Valentines Look she did and her Golden Brown Look . She has created yet another stunning look using the Makeup Geek eyeshadows and has a video to go along with it. We also created a step-by-step guide that will help you recreate this impressive look. We hope you enjoy it!
Nothing says drama and intrigue like a smokey eye. In terms of eye makeup there is nothing more sexy and sophisticated. Creating a smokey eye suitable for day or night can be a daunting task at best. Adding some color can help a smokey eye be a wearable look for the office or a night on the town.
Get the Look
- Start with a black eyeliner pencil or black eyeshadow pencil and smudge it along the upper lash line. With a stiff brush, feather the black out onto the lower part of your eyelid, making sure not to go above the crease area. If this look is a bit messy right now, don’t worry, you are only using the black as a base.
- With a fluffy dome brush, use Mercury and blend into the crease area. This will act as a transition color between the black and the highlight color.
- Wipe off your stiff brush, or grab a different one, and press the color Sensuous over the black on the eyelid, bringing up slightly to cover the line between the black and the Mercury.
- While you have the Sensuous out, take a small brush and run it underneath your lower lashes bringing it in ½ way.
- Using the same small brush, gently place Shimma Shimma into the inner corners of your eyes and onto the bottom lashes in the inner part meeting up with the Sensuous.
- Next, take the shade Corrupt, but be careful, this color is very highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. You can always build you color up if you want a more dramatic look to it. Using an angled eyeliner brush, line the top of your eyes. Use a small blending brush to blend out the Corrupt to avoid any harsh lines.
- In a very fine line, place Corrupt under the lash line coming in only 1/3 of the way. Make sure not to completely cover up the color that you already have there. You want this to be a gradient effect with all the shades showing.
- With a pencil liner, or a waterproof get liner, line the waterline of your eye.
- Now curl your lashes and apply your mascara and you have a smokey eye perfect for any occasion.
- If you want, you can apply a highlight color to the upper portion of your lids.
For a more dramatic effect you can also tightline the upper lashes. To make a more dramatic look, add more Corrupt in the outer v area of your eye. For a night out, apply some false lashes for a more striking look. The possibilities are endless and completely up to you.
And there you have it, a perfect purple smokey eye. Whether you decide to tone it down for a day look, or play it up for a night look, this stunning creation will soon become a favorite. And a smokey eye you will go back to time and time again.