Hello Makeup Geeks! Today I have another review for you all of a drug store product that I love. I featured these in my “Summer Tag” video as well so please feel free to take at that. :-) I love these so much I wanted to do a full review of them for you. These are the “Revlon Lip Balm Stains”. I am usually not a fan of regular lip-stains simply because all the ones I have tried feel drying on the lips. Revlon Balm Stains are different in that they apply with a glossy look and feel, but when you wipe them away or they fade over time you are left with a beautiful soft, stained effect to the lips. These last a very long time and are very highly pigmented.
What I like about these is that it is a balm that has been infused with color that comes in a crayon form and are retractable so they need no sharpening. These retail for about $6.00 depending on where you purchase them at. Many drugstores will have sales so keep an eye out for those! I got these at Ulta who was having a sale also. I want to share with you the colors I got.
- “Rendezvous” – Soft Orange Color
- “Cherish” – Girly Pale Pink
- “Darling” – Cool Toned Pink with a Hint of Lilac
- “Lovesick” – True Bright Pink
- “Sweetheart” – Medium Warm Pink
The other shades that are in this line are:
- “Honey” – Rosy/Natural Color
- “Crush” – Deep Berry Red
- “Smitten” – Plum with a Touch of Fuchsia
- “Charm” – Light Warm Nude/Peach
- “Romantic” – Warm Red with a Touch of Orange
- “Precious” – Nude/Natural
- “Adore” – Brown Toned Red
These are like a lipgloss but not sticky in any way. They are very sheer, shiny and still have a good amount of pigmentation. Ideal for the summer, these would be perfect to toss in your beach bag and take along with you for an added pop of color. The only thing I don’t like about these is that you really do have to rub them on because they are a buildable color. So you really have layer the color by putting a little extra on. What I love is that they aren’t tacky in any way like many lipglosses and have great color payoff.
- Highly pigmented
- Feels Smooth without being sticky
- Leaves a soft stain on the lip
- Last a long time
- Buildable color
- Great for summer
- Nice color range (12 to be exact)
- Good price
- Easy to find
- You do have to build the color
So these are a definite 2 thumbs up from me on these amazing Lip Balm Stains! These will be great for the upcoming hot summer months. If you have tried these or if you plan on trying these, let me know what you think of them in the comments below. Stay happy and healthy!