Today I have another review for you all and this time it’s for NARS concealers. I recently reviewed the NARS Lip Pencils, but I also picked up some NARS concealers at the same time and wanted to share them with all my wonderful Muggies!
These are the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealers. They come in a wand type packaging much like the Maybelline Fit Me Concealers. They are very similar in size with the Maybelline being .23 ounces and the NARS being .22 ounces. I really like the packaging on these. They have a sleek see through container that allows you to see the product and a matte finish handle on the wand. The matte finish not only looks great but is easy to clean as well. The wand inside is a flat doe-foot wand which I really like a lot. When you apply the concealer the flat part of the wand allows you to put it on the skin effortlessly.
The formula is very creamy and very pigmented so you don’t have to apply a lot to get the desired amount of coverage. This means a little will go a long way. I like the way it feels as it is super silky, smooth and it has no odor to it. These concealers would be best for under the eyes or for light touch-ups. If you have blemishes the concealers that come with this type of wand are to thin, you want this for more for delicate areas and that’s why under the eyes is best.
The best way to apply it is to sweep it on under the eye and take a fluffy dome brush like the Makeup Geek Soft Dome Brush and gently blend it into the skin. This hides the eye bags and brightens the area a little as well. The price on these is $28.00 which I think is far to expensive for what they are. They are good products if you want a good concealer and don’t mind spending the money or just want a high-end product.
These come in 10 different shades so there is a good range of colors for everyone. These do run on the warm side with the only cooler toned one being “Honey”. The lightest color here will be great for you porcelain skinned gals, it’s “Chantilly” and the darkest shade is “Cacao”. For reference my shade is “Biscuit”.
- Chantilly – True Ivory for Fair Complexions (Amazon) (Sephora)
- Vanilla – Tiny Cast of Pink for Fair Complexions (Amazon) (Sephora)
- Honey – Warm Peach Toned for Light to Medium Complexions (Amazon) (Sephora)
- Custard – Yellow Toned for Light to Medium Complexions (Amazon) (Sephora)
- Ginger – Golden Undertone for Medium Complexions (Amazon) (Sephora)
- Biscuit – Medium Dark Natural Balance of Pink and Yellow Undertones (Amazon) (Sephora)
- Carmel – Medium Dark Yellow and Golden Undertones (Amazon) (Sephora)
- Amande – Medium Dark with Golden Olive Undertones (Amazon) (Sephora)
- Cafe – Dark with Warm Red Undertones (Amazon) (Sephora)
- Cacao – Dark with Deep Gold to Brown Undertones (Amazon) (Sephora)
These claim to be “Long wearing and crease-proof. Paraben-free, Alcohol free, Synthetic fragrance free, Non commedogenic” which means it’s great for those of you with sensitive skin.
- Covers Great
- Great Color Range
- Good Packaging
- Highly Pigmented
These are good products if you are willing to pay the price but for me personally, I am going to stick with the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer as it is pretty much the same product at a fraction of the cost.
So I hope that help you all out and gives you and idea of what you will be getting if you have one of these or are planning to pick one up. Be sure let me know in the comments what you all think. :-) And I really do hope you all are staying both happy and healthy!