Check out our Frequently Asked Questions and see if yours is addressed.
Do I get a discount for a large order or my first time buying? Where do I enter the code?
- We generally don’t work with coupons or discounts, even for professionals; instead, we focus on offering fair prices all year long.
- If you are interested, we also have kits that are even better value for your money, you can check them out here.
When is your next sale?
- We don’t typically do sales because we focus on offering great prices all year long. However the best way to stay updated on special offers is to subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on Facebook/Twitter.
Why did you charge me more than what was on my order?
- All of our prices are in US Dollars, the difference in price has to do with the currency conversion. The currency exchange rate fluctuates daily and can also affect the price you are charged. Your bank may also charge a fee for the currency conversion. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have any other questions, please contact our customer service department.
Will I have to pay customs charges/duty fees?
- Makeup Geek is not responsible for customs requirements or charges added by your country. Most countries charge VAT/Duty for purchases outside of the country. Makeup Geek will not alter any customs forms or mark the package as a gift due to federal and international laws. Packages that are refused because the customer does not pay VAT/Duty are not eligible for a full refund. You may wish to contact your local customs department before ordering to further clarify the customs requirements, VAT/Duty fees, and if there are additional handling fees. We cannot waive or refund these fees, as they are dependent upon your local regulation and are taxed on a national level.
How can I add something to my order?
- Always contact customer service first to make sure your order hasn’t shipped yet. Then you will be asked to place a new order for the items you want us to add, and send us the number. We'll try to combine both orders for shipping and if successful, we'll refund you the extra shipping amount.
How can I edit my order to remove something?
- Unfortunately, our system is not set up to edit an order once the order has been placed. Please contact customer service.
How can I update my shipping or billing address?
- Unfortunately, once your order has been placed you are not able to edit an order. Please contact customer service as soon as possible, so they can make the necessary changes.
Are tracking numbers available on shipments?
- Domestic Standard Shipping - Your order will have tracking information available. Please remember there may be a delay in the updates on your package once it is transferred from UPS to your local post office
- International Standard Shipping - Door to door tracking is not available for standard international orders. If additional updates are available, there will be a postal tracking number on the Asendia website.
- UPS Shipping - Tracking numbers are available on all Express deliveries
Do you ship to my country?
- We ship almost everywhere, but there are a few countries that we have had issues with. We are no longer able to ship to Turkey and Mexico due to local regulations forbidding the importation of cosmetics.
- You may consider using a private courier or forwarding service like MyUS.com, borderlinx.com, shipito.com or gosend.com, who offer convenient International Shipping. They can provide you with a US street address, receive packages on your behalf, and then ship your order overseas. Some of these companies also help prepare customs paperwork for your shipments. Makeup Geek's responsibility will only be engaged until the package reaches your US mailbox.
Has my order shipped yet? Do you know where it is?
- We strive to ship all orders within 2-3 business days, but there are times (especially during new product launches, sales, holidays, or other high demand occasions) standard mail service orders may take an extra business day or two before shipping. Once your order has shipped, you will receive an email confirmation of the shipment. You can also check to see if your order is marked as "Complete" on your account page. If it has been 7 days or more and you have not received a confirmation email, please contact our customer service.
How much does shipping & handling cost?
- The shipping cost is actually determined by the weight of the items you order. In most cases (smaller orders), shipping will only be $1.99 - $8.99 for Standard Domestic Mail Service and $6.99 to $16.99 for Standard International service. Also be aware that depending on your country's regulations, International orders may be subject to additional duty fees. Customs fees are not included in our product or shipping & handling prices.
- If you need your items faster we offer UPS Second Day Service for Domestic Orders, and UPS Worldwide Expedited for International customers. Please keep in mind that UPS DOES NOT deliver on Saturday, Sunday, or holidays.
- To find out exactly how much your shipping will be before completing your order, just place the items you want in your shopping cart and then enter your country on the shopping cart page and click the “Get Quote” button. This calculator will also let you know how much the standard and express options are.
The tracking number says my package was delivered but I didn't receive it, what to do now?
- Your best bet is to contact your local post office (preferably with the tracking number provided in your shipment confirmation email or in your account) and if you know your neighbours ask them.
- After you have contacted you local post office, please let us know by contacting customer service.
When will my order arrive?
- All shipments within the US should arrive in 7-10 business days. Orders shipped via the Standard Mail Service option are shipped via UPS Mail Innovations, which works with your local post office to offer an expedited shipping process. There may be a delay in the updates on your package once it is transferred from UPS to your local post office. Please do not worry, this delay is normal and your package is in transit to your destination. If you need it sooner than that (for gift giving, etc.), you may want to consider UPS 2-Day Air which normally allows your package to arrive 2 business days after your order has shipped.
- Standard International shipments should arrive within 7-21 business days, but they often can take up to 8 weeks to arrive.
- Up to 31 days: Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia
- Up to 45 days: Countries in Europe
- Up to 60 days: Countries in Asia, the Middle East, Africa, South America
- Please not that your order CANNOT be tracked during transit with this shipping option. If you need it sooner than that (for gift giving, etc.), you may want to consider UPS World Wide Expedited, which is normally 3-5 business days.
Why do I have to pay customs taxes?
- Makeup Geek is not responsible for customs requirements or charges added by your country. Most countries charge taxes for purchases outside of the country that exceed a certain amount (usually over 25$), these are called “duty fees.” The UK charges duty fees on almost every package. Makeup Geek will not alter any customs forms or mark the package as a gift due to federal and international laws.
An item in my order is missing, broken, or incorrect, what do I do?
- Upon receiving your package, please inspect your shipping box and the items inside for missing or damaged items. We require that customers contact us within 14 days of receiving their package to notify us of any issues. The shipping box may have normal wear from the transit process. However, if your order arrives damaged, please retain the shipping box, packing materials, and original items on the order. We will require photos of the damaged items and may request the products back to follow up accordingly on issues or concerns. Please do not throw damaged items away until talking with customer service.
Why have I never received samples with my order?
- We do not have sample sizes of our products, instead we focus on making our full size products the best price.
Can I return my order/some items if I am unsatisfied?
- In most cases, we do not accept any returns of cosmetics or cosmetic accessories for hygienic reasons and to continue to offer the best value on our pricing. Exceptions are made for damaged items. If you have any questions, please ask before you make your purchase.
What payment meathods to you accept?
- It is possible to pay for your order using your Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover Card, and PayPal. We are not currently accepting money orders or cash for payments at this time. With the number of orders we have each day and the changing inventory, it doesn't work out well for us to set aside items and wait for payment to arrive in the mail. We're sorry abut the inconvenience, but it helps things run smoothly for everyone else.
Can I pre-order? Can I order and have back-orders sent to me later?
- Our system is not set up to handle pre-orders or backorders at this time.
When is a certain item returning?
- If there is an item that is marked as “out of stock” but still shows up in the store, that means we are doing our best to get more of that item. However, due to backorders or delays in shipping with our suppliers, we may have to wait a little while for certain items. In these cases, we cannot give you a firm answer when they will be available again. Just be assured, we're working on it! Click here to view our out-of-stock spreadsheet to check for estimated restock dates on our out-of-stock products.
Why is a certain product out of stock?
- We do our best to keep up with our customer's requests, but the production process takes a long time, and sometimes our manufacturers can’t keep up fast enough. We are doing our best to improve that, though. You can sign up to be notified when the items you want are back in stock, the link is in the item description in the store.
When is the store in CA opening?
- We are currently putting our retail plans on hold for the foreseeable future - thanks for your patience!
PayPal declined the transaction, what do I do?
- Please check with PayPal's support. It could be that your credit card is declined, or that there are restrictions on your country
- If you are getting an error message about "duplicate invoice ID number in PayPal" then it's important that you follow these steps before trying again, or you will be unable to order at all:
- empty your cart & log out of your account
- clear your cache and your cookies
- put items you wish to purchase in your cart
- place the order as a GUEST.
Why can’t I log into my account?
- One of the features of our recently updated website is a single account for both the store and Idea Gallery. Please log in using your store account email and password.
- Also, please note that placing an order does not create a store account. If you did not create it separately, then your order is in the guest pool and you don’t have an account. However, you will still receive notifications regarding your order.
- If you are still having issues, please contact customer service.
Why can’t I pick a shipping option?
- Confirm that your shipping address is correct. If the problem persists, please contact technical support and send them a screenshot of any error message you are getting.
Are your products gluten free?
- All Makeup Geek products are gluten free, but some of our third-party products may not be.
Are your products vegan?
- Makeup Geek is passionate about producing high-quality products that are animal-friendly and cruelty-free. Makeup Geek, our labs and manufacturers, as well as the ingredient suppliers do not test on animals, guaranteeing NO third-party animal testing. Most of our products are vegan, but there are a few exceptions as they contain Carmine (used to achieve certain red hues). For more information, please visit our Cruelty Free & Vegan Information page.
- We have discussed certification with PETA and we meet their requirements for certification as a brand, however they won't allow us to be fully certified as we sell other brands that are not PETA certified. Currently, the brand in question is Palladio, however they state on their websites that they are cruelty-free.
Do you give out free samples?
- We do not have sample sizes of our products, instead we focus on making our full size products a reasonable price.
Do you have gift cards?
- We do not currently have a way of providing gift cards, but we are planning on adding that in the future!
If I want all of the eyeshadows do I need to add them one by one?
- We are working on improving this, but we currently have no way of adding all of the Makeup Geek eyeshadows with one click, so you need to individually add each item you would like to purchase to your cart.
What is your wholesale price plan?
- At this time, we are not working with wholesalers. Selling directly helps keep the prices for Makeup Geek products low. We are taking applications from retailers with PHYSICAL STORES ONLY. If you are interested in wholesaling our products and posses a physical store location, please use the contact form to share the specifics of your store (address, how long you have been in business, what other brands you carry, etc.) with us. We may follow up with additional questions.
My products look different on me than in the swatch
- Colors can vary slightly depending on your complexion and undertone. We use a primer under our colors for swatches, you may wish to use a primer to help increase the vividness of the color.
Why do your product pictures or swatches look different online?
- Our product pictures are of the product in raw form. The swatches on our models arms are completed by using primer beneath our colors. Our product specialists work diligently to try to display the colors as accurately as possible. There are many dynamics that can cause a slight variation in color from the real product and the online pictures. This can include the lighting you are looking at our products under, the settings on your computer monitor, and personal preference.
Who do I contact for help?
- If this page does not answer all of your questions, please contact Makeup Geek's customer service team. They will be glad to help you with all of your questions and/or concerns you may have. For best results, please either respond to your Makeup Geek order emails or use our contact form.