Hi Makeup Geeks!! We are back and ready to have you knock our socks off with your incredible makeup skills and creativity once again! You’ve all continued to impress us with your entries, we are looking forward to you doing the same this month. Hope to see lots of your beautiful faces again and again as the challenges proceed, along with some newbies! ;)
Nebulas are within our grasp these days. The trending interstellar cloud is plastered all over the web, and available at your fingertips. Whether you prefer Nebula printed leggings, shoes, hats, shirts, blankets, nails or even Nebula inspired hair, it’s been done. What we want to see is how you will recreate this trendy combo of colors and sparkle into your makeup look!
A Nebula is a cloud combined of dust, hydrogen, helium, and other ionized gases, therefore varies in color, size and shape. Because of this, we are sharing a few images with you (shown below) to gain inspiration from, but feel free to use your own images to base your look off of as well.
Looking forward to seeing all of your ‘out of this world’ creations! ;) Have a fabulous month, stay happy and healthy!
We have had some AMAZING entries these last few months, that unfortunately have been disqualified due to one minor detail, not including the MUG Monthly Challenge signs in their photos (information required listed in the rules below). This is a reminder for all of you to get those signs up! They don’t have to be anything special, you can even just jot down the information on a piece of scrap paper real quick… just please don’t forget to add them in. Otherwise we will have to disqualify your look, and we really don’t want to do that!! Also, a friendly reminder that editing the images submitted in any way will be disqualified as well. Thanks for your cooperation!
Don’t forget to check out the details (rules and prize) listed below.
Two winners chosen: one for best look, and one at random, giving everyone a chance to win!
Winners will be announced in the forum and contacted by the end of the month
This month’s challenge prize is:
- Winner of best overall look: Makeup Geek Vegan Kit and Z-Palette Bundle, and 7 Piece Brush Kit of Makeup Geek Brushes
- Winner chosen at random: 7 Piece Brush Kit
- Looks must be submitted by the 20th of each month
- Open to all ages from any country
- Limited to one look per person, please do not create an alternate user name to get out of this rule
- Makeup must be done by yourself
- The spirit of these challenges is to practice and create something new, thus to enter a look into a Monthly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose
- Do not edit or alter your images in any way – images that have been altered will be disqualified *Any entry suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions.
- In one of your photos, please make sure you are holding a visible sign while wearing the makeup look that you are entering in the contest that says “MUG Monthly Challenge ___(insert challenge name)___ by ___ (insert user name)___(date)___”
As always if you have any additional questions concerning this months challenge feel free to contact either Amber or I via e-mail.
jena AT makeupgeek DOT com / amber AT makeupgeek DOT com
Best of luck to you all! We are excited to see what creations you come up with! :)
Posted in Community Challenge on (last modified: May 1, 2013)