Hello beautiful Makeup Geeks. :) Happy June! I don’t know about you but I am so thrilled that it’s finally here, bring on the summer. We are overly excited to see what you beauties create for this months challenge. You continue to impress us with your skills and creativity. We can’t wait for you to raise the bar once again, and really blow us out of the water with your looks.
This month, in honor of the up and coming Superman movie, “Man of Steel” (which premieres June 14th) we are embracing our inner geek. Amber and I are secretly big fans of both DC and Marvel characters and thought, what better than to kick off June with a Superhero theme! Superheroes come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and the fun part, with a variety of super powers. But regardless of their differences, they do have a few things in common; fighting evil villains, protecting humanity, saving planet Earth, and restoring faith in mankind. Embrace your inner geek with us this month by creating a look inspired from one of your favorite Superheroes. Below, to help give you some ideas, we have shared a few of our favorite crime fighting heroes. The images shown are minimalistic posters created by Calvin Lin.
Hope you have a blast creating your look! We can’t wait to see what you come up with.
Have a fabulous month Muggies! Stay happy and healthy, as always!! :)
We have had some AMAZING entries these last few months, that unfortunately have been disqualified due to one minor detail, not including the MUG Monthly Challenge signs in their photos (information required listed in the rules below). This is a reminder for all of you to get those signs up! They don’t have to be anything special, you can even just jot down the information on a piece of scrap paper real quick… just please don’t forget to add them in. Otherwise we will have to disqualify your look, and we really don’t want to do that!! Also, a friendly reminder that editing the images submitted in any way will be disqualified as well. Thanks for your cooperation!
Don’t forget to check out the details (rules and prize) listed below.
Two winners chosen: one for best look, and one at random, giving everyone a chance to win!
Winners will be announced in the forum and contacted by the end of the month
This month’s challenge prize is:
- Winner of best overall look: 5 Makeup Geek Pigments: Paparazzi, Prince Charming, Liquid Gold, New Years Eve, Birthday Wish. 3 Violent Lips Temporary Lip Appliques : The Leopard, The Strawberry Lemonade and The Black Cherry.
- Winner chosen at random: 5 Makeup Geek Pigments: Paparazzi, Prince Charming, Liquid Gold, New Years Eve, Birthday Wish.
- Looks must be submitted by the 20th of each month
- Open to all ages from any country
- Limited to one look per person, please do not create an alternate user name to get out of this rule
- Makeup must be done by yourself
- The spirit of these challenges is to practice and create something new, thus to enter a look into a Monthly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose
- Do not edit or alter your images in any way – images that have been altered will be disqualified *Any entry suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions.
- In one of your photos, please make sure you are holding a visible sign while wearing the makeup look that you are entering in the contest that says “MUG Monthly Challenge ___(insert challenge name)___ by ___ (insert user name)___(date)___”
As always if you have any additional questions concerning this months challenge feel free to contact either Amber or I via e-mail.
jena AT makeupgeek DOT com / amber AT makeupgeek DOT com
Best of luck to you all! We are excited to see what creations you come up with! :)
Posted in Community Challenge on (last modified: June 1, 2013)