Hello Muggies!! Amber and I will be doing the monthly challenges from here on out. We are new to this, so please bear with us! :) We are transitioning the Community Challenges to a monthly event — this will give more of you a chance to enter and more time to prepare your looks. It will also give us the time to get some nicer prizes lined up and put together a nicer experience overall.
For the challenge this month, we couldn’t think of anything more inspiring than some of the most influential women in history. Throughout their lives they’ve impacted us in different ways, some are known as style and/or beauty icons, and others for their daring and adventuresome spirits. Regardless, they all have one thing in common; they have paved the way for us women today with their fearless lifestyle choices. We all see a little bit of these women in ourselves, they are extremely relate-able. They motivate us to push the limits in our own lives, to be bold and step outside of our comfort zone, bringing out the best in all of us. They are for a lack of better word.. Inspiring.
So choose your muse, be inspired and get started!! We can’t list them all (there’s entirely too many!), but here are some of our favorites to help get you started:
As you can see from the photos, not all are wearing makeup, or some just very little. We are challenging you this month to draw out the colors, patterns, and over all styles from these ladies. Use your imagination, be creative and have fun! :)
Last but not least, here are the details (rules, and prize) for the challenge.
Winners will be contacted by the end of the month, and announced in the upcoming month’s Monthly Challenge Video.
Two winners chosen: one for best look, and one at random, giving everyone a chance to win!
This month’s challenge prize is:
Small black Z-Palette accompanied by 9 Makeup Geek eyeshadows, shades may be chosen by the winners.
- Looks must be submitted by the 20th of each month
- Open to all ages from any country
- Limited to one look per person, please do not create an alternate user name to get out of this rule
- Makeup must be done by yourself
- The spirit of these challenges is to practice and create something new, thus to enter a look into a Monthly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose
- Do not edit or alter your images in any way – images that have been altered will be disqualified
- *Any entry suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions.
- In one of your photos, please make sure you are holding a visible sign while wearing the makeup look that you are entering in the contest that says “MUG Monthly Challenge ___(insert challenge name)___ by ___(insert user name)___(date)___”
If you have any questions or comments concerning this months challenge please contact either Amber or Jena.
Best of luck to you all! We are excited to see what creations you come up with! :)
Posted in Community Challenge on (last modified: January 7, 2013)