Hello beautiful Makeup Geeks! We hope you had an excellent month, and we are happy to see you here for the March Challenge. Before we go further in depth on the theme this month, we wanted to say MARVELOUS job on the February Challenge. Once again, Amber and I were ecstatic over all the fabulous looks you created! We hope to see you all back this month along with lots of new faces! :)
For the March Challenge, we are keeping things simple. Amber and I decided to narrow down the topic as opposed to the previous two months as they have been very broad. This month we want to see what you can create given some extra restrictions. We have no doubt that with your creativity and skill, you will once again keep us on our toes regardless of the color limitations.
Using this flower as color inspiration we have pulled out several shades from the image. From the six shades given, we would like you to create your look. Other than the color restrictions and our standard rules (listed at the bottom of the page), there are no additional requirements for this challenge. You do not have to use all six colors in your look.
And that’s all folks, keeping it simple this month. However, we know the looks you create will be anything but simple.
We wish you all a very happy March! Stay healthy and gorgeous as always! :)
Don’t forget to check out the details (rules and prize) below.
Winners will be contacted by the end of the month, and announced in the upcoming month’s Monthly Challenge Video.
Two winners chosen: one for best look, and one at random, giving everyone a chance to win!
This month’s challenge prize is:
- Winner of best overall look: Sugarpill Sweetheart Palette and 3 Makeup Geek Lipsticks: Foxy, Famous, and Captivating
- Winner chosen at random: Sugarpill Sweetheart Palette
- Looks must be submitted by the 20th of each month
- Open to all ages from any country
- Limited to one look per person, please do not create an alternate user name to get out of this rule
- Makeup must be done by yourself
- The spirit of these challenges is to practice and create something new, thus to enter a look into a Monthly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose
- Do not edit or alter your images in any way – images that have been altered will be disqualified
- *Any entry suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions.
- In one of your photos, please make sure you are holding a visible sign while wearing the makeup look that you are entering in the contest that says “MUG Monthly Challenge ___(insert challenge name)___ by ___ (insert user name)___(date)___”
If you have any questions or comments concerning this months challenge please contact either Amber or Jena.
jena AT makeupgeek DOT com / amber AT makeupgeek DOT com
Best of luck to you all! We are excited to see what creations you come up with!
Posted in Community Challenge on (last modified: March 4, 2013)