Every girl has an inner rockstar! There is something sexy and rebellious about being a rockstar, or at least dressing and looking like one. Being Rocker Chic is all about expressing your own individuality and wearing a confident attitude. From old school rockers like Stevie Nicks and Joan Jett to modern day rockers like Avril Lavigne this edgy look is never out of style. From dramatic eyes to rockstar hair, creating this look is not only striking but easy. So channel your inner rockstar and lets get this party started!
- Hilite 18′ Synthetic Clip In Hair – Magenta (Amazon)
- Kenra – Volumizing Hairspray (Amazon) (eBay)
- Teasing Brush by Phillips (Amazon)
- Bobby Pins
- Flat Iron (your hair needs to be straight)
- Begin by using the pointed end of the teasing brush and create a deep part on the side of your head.
- Take the side of your hair and slick it straight back making sure it is tight and slick. Then pin it in the back with a couple of bobby pins. Spray it with your hairspray to make sure it’s nice and slicked back. Repeat the same thing on the other side of your head.
- Now to begin the teasing. Take the middle in small sections and tease, tease and tease some more! Then spray the back of the section with some hairspray and lay it forward. Keep doing this all the way back to the back of your head.
- Once it is all teased, take gently brush the hair backward and shape it to give it a mo-hawk type look. Make sure to keep the hairspray handy so your can spray it into place as your work.
- If the sides need to be secured to keep the poof away from the really slick side, add some extra bobby pins. Just make sure to hide them well.
- To make it even more Rocker looking, tease the sides and add some hairspray to give it a messy look.
- If you want to take it even a step FURTHER add some clip in colored hair extensions to the sides.
- DermaBlend Professional Cover Creme – Caramel Beiege (Amazon)
- Chanel Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup – 30 Beige (Amazon) (eBay)
- Benefit Powderflage (eBay)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush – Tipsy (Amazon) (eBay) (Sephora)
- Makeup Geek Gel Liner – Immortal (Makeup Geek Store)
- Makeup Geek Gel Liner – Rave (Makeup Geek Store)
- Ardell – Demi Luvies (Makeup Geek Store)
- Makeup Geek Eye Shadow – White Lies (Makeup Geek Store)
- Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara (Amazon) (eBay) (Sephora)
- MAC Eye Kohl – Fascinating (Amazon) (eBay) (Nordstrom)
- NYX Lip Liner – 816 Fuchsia (Amazon) (eBay)
- NYX Lip Liner – 839 Dolly Pink (Amazon) (eBay)
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow – White Lies (Makeup Geek Store)
- NYX Lipgloss – Golden Pink (Makeup Geek Store)
- Makeup Geek – Outer V (Makeup Geek Store)
- Makeup Geek – Blush Brush (Makeup Geek Store)
- MAC - 219 (Amazon) (Nordstrom)
- Makeup Geek – Bent Liner (Makeup Geek Store)
- Beauty Blender (Makeup Geek Store)
- Begin by using Rave gel eyeliner and place the color on the lower eyelids and smudge the color up slightly into the crease and blend it out.
- Before the color dries and sets, use a dry brush and soften the harsh line by using windshield wiper motions. You want make sure you blend the color out for a smokey effect.
- To darken the lower lid, go in with the color Immortal and with the same brush you used to place the other color, sweep the color on the lid next to the lashline. Sweep the color upward making sure NOT to go into the crease.
- Now with a pencil brush go back in with Rave and run the color all the way under the lower lashline coming all the way in.
- Using a eyeliner pencil, dip it into the Immortal again and line the upper and lower waterlines.
- To intensify the look more add a pair of false lashes like the Demi Lovies and your favorite mascara.
- Finally, dab a small amount of clear lipgloss to the lower eyelids to create that very glossy Rocker effect.
- For the cheeks keep it simple by adding a peach colored blush to the backs of the cheeks. Here we used Tarte’s Tipsy to help warm the look up.
- Now for the lips, we are going to use 3 different lipliners by NYX. Begin by lining the lips with the color Fuchsia and then turn the liner on the side and pull the color downward slightly.
- Switch to the Dolly pink and start shading where the other color ended. You want this to have a gradient effect on the lips. Leave the very center of the lips blank for the last color.
- Use the white eyeliner pencil and put the color onto the very center of the lips and blend the color out with your finger.
- Dab some clear lipgloss in the center of the lips to blend all the colors together.
I’d love to see your Rocker Chic Style! Have a wonderful week, MUG’s!