Winter is officially here and with it the dry air and cold wind that accompanies it! I wanted to show you how you can have skin that glows, and looks fresh and dewy :)
1. Choose the right foundation
You want to pick a foundation with a satin finish formula, unless you have dry skin, then choose a sheer formula. Right now I’m loving the Burberry Velvet Foundation as it is talc-free and doesn’t have Octinoxate- a bonus for those with sensitive skin. Another great one is the Makeup Forever HD foundation which gives a glowing finish to the skin. If you have dry skin, the best alternatives are the NARS Sheer Glow or the Neutrogena Healthy Skin, as they give a dewy finish while still providing great coverage.
- Burberry Velvet Foundation – $55.00 (eBay) (Nordstrom)
- Makeup Forever HD Foundation – $42.00 (Amazon) (eBay) (Sephora)
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation – $42.00 (Amazon) (eBay) (Sephora) (Nordstrom)
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin – $8.00 – $10.00 (Amazon) (eBay)
2. Apply Powder Sparingly
If you have combination skin, use the least amount of powder you can. If you have dry skin, skip the face powder all together. The trick to using powder is use as little as possible and apply only to the oily parts of your skin- usually the t-zone.
3. Use Cream Blush instead of Powder Blush
Using powder blush can sometimes make your skin look dry and powdery. To give a more dewy finish to the cheeks, using a cream blush is key! My favorite drugstore cream blushes are by NYX as they come in many colors and don’t feel sticky. Some other great ones are the Stila Convertible Cream Blushes or the Illamasqua Cream Blushes as they are highly pigmented and blend well into the skin. To apply any of the cream blushes, using clean fingers, pat the color over the apples of the cheeks.
- NYX Cream Blushes – $5.00 – $7.00 (Amazon) (eBay)
- Stilla Convertible Cream Blush – $25.00 (Amazon) (Sephora)
- Illamasqua Cream Blusher – $26.00 (Amazon) (eBay) (Sephora)
4. Use a Liquid or Cream Cheek Highlighter
Adding a cheek highlighter above the cream blush will add a soft glow to the cheeks and give your face a more radiant appearance. I am using Burberry Fresh Glow. I love this product because it doesn’t have glitter in it yet adds a subtle glow to the skin. A good drugstore highlighter is the Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Highlighter Duo. To apply, use a small brush and dab the color directly on the top of the cheekbones and come along the temples slightly.
- Burberry Fresh Glow – $48.00 (Amazon)
- Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Highlighter Duo – $13.00 – $15.00 (Amazon)
I hope this helps you all achieve that beautiful dewy glow for the winter months! Stay warm out there :)