- Who do I contact for help or questions?
- If this page does not answer your questions, Nick is in charge of Makeup Geek’s customer service and will be glad to help you out with any other questions or concerns you might have. For best results, please either respond to your Makeup Geek order emails or use our contact form.
- How much does shipping & handling cost?
- The shipping cost is actually determined by the weight of the items you order. In most cases (smaller orders), shipping will only be $3 or $4 for US orders and another dollar or two more for International. Also be aware that depending on your country's regulations, International orders may be subject to additional duty fees.
However, to find out exactly how much you shipping will be before completing your order, just place the items you want in your shopping cart and then enter your country on the shopping cart page and click the “Get Quote” button. This calculator will also let you know how much the quicker shipping options like Priority and Express will cost.
- Do you ship internationally?
- We do ship everywhere, but there are a few countries that we have had issues with such as Italy and Ukraine. We’re not sure if it’s due to their local postal system, but if you live in one of these countries or your local postal system is not very reliable, you may want to choose Global Priority shipping so that your order can be insured. For shipping rates, please see above. Also be aware that depending on your country's regulations, International orders may be subject to additional duty fees.
- Has my order shipped?
- If it has been a full business day since you placed your order and submitted your payment, it probably has. However, once your order has shipped, you should have received an email confirmation of the shipment. You can also check to see if you order is marked as “Complete” on your account page.
- How long will it take for me to receive my order?
- We do our best to get every order shipped out promptly. Sometimes we can get orders shipped out the same day, but most of the time they will be shipped out by the next business day. We also process orders on Saturday mornings.
At that point, all shipments are handed off to the US Postal Service, so delivery times may vary, especially for First Class Mail.
All shipments in the US should arrive within a week (and in as little as a couple of days). However, if it takes longer, please be patient. If it has been over two weeks, feel free to contact us to look into the situation.
International Shipments can vary depending on how long Customs holds onto the package for processing. First Class International shipments can take as little as one week, but often it can take two weeks or longer. If you need it sooner than that (for gift giving, etc) you may want to consider Global Priority Shipping.
You can also take a look at a breakdown of the US Postal Service’s International Delivery time for their different services.
- Are tracking numbers available on shipments?
- Tracking numbers are only available on Express deliveries with the US Postal Service. Please do not confuse tracking numbers with Delivery Confirmation Numbers, which only let you know when the package has reached its final destination (not any points in between).
- What is your refund policy?
- We are pretty easy to deal with so if there is something wrong with your order, please let us know. However, in most cases, we do not accept any returns of cosmetics due to the nature of the products. This ensures that you are not sold returned products from other customers. If you have any questions, please ask before you make your purchase.
- What payment methods do you accept?
- It is possible to pay for your order using your Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover Card, and Paypal.
However, no matter what payment method you use, your order will be directed through Paypal’s payment processing. Keep in mind that you can use a credit card without having a Paypal account.
We are not currently accepting money orders or cash for payments at this time. With the number of orders we have each day and the changing inventory, it does not work out well for us to set aside items and wait for a payment to arrive in the mail. We're sorry about the inconvenience, but it helps things run smoothly for everyone else.
- When will “Product X” be back in stock?
- If there is an item that is marked as “out of stock” but still shows up in the store, that means we are doing our best to get more of that item. However, due to backorders or delays in shipping with our suppliers, we may have to wait a little while for certain items. In these cases, we cannot give you a firm answer when they will be available again. Just be assured, we’re working on it!