Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette Review
Unable to view this YouTube video? Try this mirror instead.
Since everyone has been requesting looks with this newest Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, I finally decided to break down and buy it to review. Yes yes, I know I’m a bit late on it!
The first one was such a huge hit, that I knew this one would be the same… I definitely like the case on this one better (sturdier to travel with), but I’m not a big fan of the mostly cool toned colors. Don’t get me wrong, the colors are still gorgeous and have amazing pigmentation and blend-ability. I just find it harder to pull off some of the gray tinted colors as they make me look a bit tired.
My favorite colors are “Busted”- a purple brown color, and “YDK”- a metallic taupe. Just like the original Naked, there’s a great variety in textures- 4 matte/satin finish and 8 metallic finish. The case is very sturdy and well made but not as creative as the original palette. I still prefer this packaging though as I travel with mine often and this metal case doesn’t get beat up rattling around in my suitcase
What I love:
- The quality of the eyeshadows- very pigmented, smooth, and easy to blend
- The variety of colors and finishes
- The sleek metal case holds up well for travel
- Has a mirror so you can apply makeup on the go
- Very well made and well thought out palette
What I hate:
- There are too many cool colors that are difficult for more mature skin to pull off (grays and cool colors can emphasize bags under the eyes)
- Wish it would have included a mini eye primer instead of lipgloss so I could have an all in one eye kit
- Rating: 4 out 5
- Product: 5 out of 5
- Packaging: 5 out of 5
- Quality: 5 out of 5
- Price: 4 out of 5
- Would I buy again? Yes
Naked 2 Swatches:
Naked 1 Swatches:
Naked 2 Swatches: