Hi Makeup Geeks! As you all know, every year around the holidays I go on my search for the best makeup palettes. I review each of them individually, then at the end I pick my favorite one of the year. It’s a tough job but someone has to do it… :-)
Today’s review is going to be for the Too Faced “Joy to the Girls”
The packaging on this is a sturdy cardboard construction with a very sleek design in teal and gold. It opens like a book and reveals 15 eyeshadows at 0.06 ounces each which is more than their typical average eyeshadows. The palette also contains a full size LashGasm mascara which normally retails for $21.00.
I hate to say it, but I’m not a huge fan of this mascara… The wand is a plastic wand with a mixture of both small and longer bristles which are suppose to be able to coat all your lashes. The formula itself is good although a little flaky but for me the wand of this makes this one I wouldn’t repurchase.
As I mentioned before this comes with 15 shades to choose from. There is a great variety of textures from matte to shimmery finishes. I also like the selection of colors they choose to put in the palette. However, the quality on these are not very good. They have a very powdery texture that don’t allow them to adhere to the skin regardless of what you use to apply them. These look very pigmented in the box but when they are applied they brush away too easily and they sheer out far to much.
- Cooke Dough – Satin Finish Beige/Brown
- Cheers – Warm Toned Frosted Medium Brown
- Prancer – Copper Brown with Small Copper Shimmer
- Sugarplum – Warm Purple Burgundy with a Pearl Finish
- Mulberry – Cool Toned Matte Purple
- Snow Angel – Matte Light Beige
- Powdered Sugar – Pale Pink with a Matte Finish
- Too Too – Medium Warm Matte Pink with Small Peach Glitter
- Yule Log – Warm Dark Brown with Bronze and Burgundy Shimmer
- Chestnut – Dark Warm Matte Brown
- Twinkle – Medium Gold with a Frost Finish
- Joy – Light/Medium Blue with a Frosted Finish
- Spike the Punch – Warm Peach with White Sparkle
- Chimney – Medium Satin Grey
- Coal – Matte Black
With so many palettes to choose from right now I would probably pass on this one. I was disappointed with the quality, and I feel it’s not worth the price. Plus the mascara is a turn off for me :(
I know this was not your typical review, but good or bad I want to make sure and give you all the information I can to help you in your holiday shopping! I hope you found this useful! Stay warm out there Makeup Geeks!