Hi Makeup Geeks!
I hope you’re having a great fall so far and are staying warm! I wanted to review the newest Urban Decay palette as it’s been awhile since I reviewed some of their products :)
This “Vice” palette has 20 eyeshadows in a variety of colors and includes dual ended eye brush. Unlike their previous cardboard palettes, this one has a sleek plastic case with a mirror inside. Not sure if I like the packaging better? It’s nice having a sleek plastic case that is more sturdy than cardboard, but it seems a bit plain.
The eyeshadows are super pigmented (up to UD’s typical standards) and includes 17 shimmery shadows and 3 mattes. I can tell Urban Decay is trying to include lots of variety, which is great, but it’s still not a complete palette as a couple more blending colors are needed. My favorite colors are “Blitz”, “Junkie”, and “Muse”. The only ones that had fallout were “Jagged” and “Provocateur”- they’re a bit chunky with glitter, so they don’t pack on well.
I do LOVE that Urban Decay has all unique shadows for this palette- I don’t see any repeats that I can tell, and the colors truly are beautiful. I’m planning on doing a look with “blitz”, “unhinged”, and “junkie” for a complete tropical look- will be SO beautiful!
My only complaints with this palette is the packaging is a bit boring compared to Urban Decay’s previous ones, but the quality is still great. I’d love to see a couple more matte finish blending shadows as it’s hard to put complete looks together with just this palette.
- Includes a variety of colors
- Quality of the shadows is great- highly pigmented, smooth, not chalky, and easy to blend
- Palette case is plastic, so is easy to clean and easy to carry for travel
- Shadows are cruelty free
- The price is a bit steep compared to other holiday palettes
- A couple colors have lots of fallout and are too chunky
- Not enough nude colors for blending
- Packaging is a bit bland for UD’s standards (their packaging is the best in the makeup industry, IMO)