Welcome to the best of our Idea Gallery for November 2013. (See our previous round-ups here)
Hello Makeup Geeks! Winter is here and so Christmas is right around the corner. With so much going on and schedules so busy, we are thrilled so many of you took the time to submit your looks to our Idea Gallery. November was an exceptional month with the combination of both talent and technique. From warm washes of color that graced the eyes, to bold, vibrant shades that added a touch of drama, we are thankful for all your hard work and for our amazing Makeup Geeks.
Be sure to click on each individual picture to visit the original Idea Gallery post for a complete list of products and more pictures. Under each image, we’ve also included some tips for each look to give you an idea on how to achieve it.
Proving that neutral colors don’t have to be boring, this extraordinary look is ideal for day or night.
- Use a small, flat brush and pat Bada Bing on the inner and outer 1/3 of the eye leaving the middle open.
- Connect the inner and outer part with Bada Bing, using a small dome brush. Blend out any harsh lines first with Bitten then, Purely Naked.
- Swipe Bling under your brow as your highlight.
- Pat Chickadee over the lower lid in the middle of the eye.
- Line the upper and lower lash lines with Immortal and smudge out the liner using Bada Bing coming in 1/2 of the way ,followed by Bitten, and Gold Digger in the inner corner.
- Line your upper and lower waterlines and add mascara.
Weaken the resolve of everyone around you with this elegant and timeless creation using one of Makeup Geek’s most stunning pigments.
- Use a fluffy brush or your finger to sweep the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Taupe over the lower lid coming up slightly past the crease.
- With a small, flat brush, gently pat Kryptonite over the base.
- Sweep Brown Sugar into the crease and blend out using Glamorous.
- Place White Lies under the brow as your highlight.
- Run the Kryptonite under the entire length of the eye and darken the outer edge with the Brown Sugar.
- Line the upper lashline with Makeup Geek’s gel liner in Immortal as well as the upper and lower waterlines.
- Use a mixing medium or contact solution to mix with Makeup Geek’s Liquid Gold. Extend the line on the bottom lashline with the gold until it meets the winged line.
- Curl your lashes, add mascara, and a set of accent lashes to bring the look together.
Dramatic and exotic, this striking look is ideal for when you are craving something more daring and eye-catching.
Products Used: Makeup Geek Eyeshadows: Beaches and Cream, Corrupt, Crème Brulee, Ice Queen, Shimma Shimma, White Lies, Frappe, Lemon Drop, Makeup Geek’s Gel Liner: Immortal, Makeup Geek Pigments: Enchanted, Liquid Gold, New Year’s Eve
- Using a very small dome brush, trace the crease of your eye with Corrupt and blend the color upward.
- With a small brush, feather Frappe above the crease coming in 1/2 of the way, and followed by Crème Brulee coming in the rest of the way.
- Place a combination of Shimma Shimma and Beaches and Cream under the brow for your highlight.
- With a small, flat brush, gently pat Makeup Geek’s pigment, Enchanted over the outer 1/2 of the eye making sure to stay below the crease.
- Wipe off the same brush and pat a mixture of White Lies and Ice Queen over the inner 1/2 of the lower lid staying below the crease line extending into the inner corner.
- Using the same brush again, pat a small amount of New Year’s Eve pigment over the area where the purple and white meet in the middle of the lower lid.
- Line the upper lashline with Makeup Geek’s gel liner in Immortal, creating a dramatic winged line. Then line the upper and lower water lines as well.
- Smudge the same liner under the eye bringing it in to where your lashes begin.
- Smudge Lemon Drop under the eye where the black ends and pat Liquid Gold over that.
- Curl your lashes and add a dramatic set of lashes to finish.
Simple yet stunning, this look is perfect for a day when you want to add a touch of drama to your look.
- Pat Bada Bing on the lower part of the eyelid and bring the color out into a wing shape keeping the majority of the color on the end of the eye and close to the lashline,
- Use Mocha in the crease coming in 1/2 the way. Make sure to feather out any harsh lines.
- With a flat, stiff brush gently pat Sweet Dreams over the inner part of the eye and up to the crease where the Mocha left off. Use this on your brow bone as your highlight also.
- Smudge the Bada Bing under the eye on the outer 1/3 followed by Mocha and Sweet Dreams.
- Line the upper and lower waterlines, add Ardell Demi Wispies or your favorite lashes to finish.
Not for the faint of heart, this daring look is perfect for a night at the club or with that perfect costume.
Products Used: Makeup Geek’s Gel Liner: Immortal
- Pat Appletini or a bright green of your choice over the lower lid staying below the crease.
- Sweep Duchess into the crease making sure to feather out any harsh lines.
- Use Beaches and Cream or a color close to your skin tone to blend the colors out, and as a highlight on your brow bone.
- Go back in with a small dome brush and add Purple Rain to the outer 1/3 of the eye.
- Smudge Nautica under the outer 1/2 of the eye, and line under the rest of the eye with a glitter eyeliner like NYX’s Glitter Liner in Crystal.
- Line the upper lashline, creating a dramatic wing to the edge. Then line the upper and lower waterlines creating a “peak” in the inner corner.
- For extra flare, add 3 rhinestones to the inner corner over the “peak”.
- Curl you lashes and add a set of dramatic and feathery lashes.
Add the perfect amount of glamour and intrigue to your day or night. This impressive look will have all eyes on you.
- Pat Utopia over the lower lid using a flat, stiff brush. Use a soft dome brush to blend out the line.
- Sweep Bada Bing into the outer 1/3 of the eye and into the crease.
- Use a soft dome brush to blend Country Girl above the crease and feather out any harsh lines.
- Line the upper lashline with Immortal creating a winged effect on the upper lashline, and smudge under the eye.
- Line the upper and lower waterlines, add mascara and you are ready to shine!
The perfect smokey eye for this time of year, this intriguing look is easy to do and looks stunning.
Other Products: NYX Glitter Liner in Gold
- Use a flat, stiff brush to pat Burlesque over the lower lid and slightly past the crease.
- Blend Cocoa Bear in the crease and blend it out using Chickadee.
- Place White Lies on the brow bone and the inner corner as your highlight.
- Darken the outer 1/3 of the eye by adding Corrupt and smudge under the outer 1/3 of the eye.
- Smudge Burlesque under the eye where Corrupt left off and bring it in to where your lashes begin.
- Line the upper and lower lashlines with a gold glitter liner.
- Line the upper and lower waterlines with Makeup Geek’s Gel Liner in Immortal, curl your lashes and add mascara.
Add some sparkle and depth to your day with this fun and shimmery look that adds the perfect amount of color for the office or a day out.
Products Used: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, Ardell Demi Wispies, Makeup Geek Eyeshadows:Beaches and Cream, Cinderella, Corrupt, Cupcake, Latte, Mocha, Vanilla Bean, Makeup Geek’s Pigment: Afterglow, Maybelline One by One Mascara, Makeup Geek Gel Liner: Immortal
- Place the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk on the lower lid and under the brow. Blend out using your finger or a stiff brush.
- Sweep Mocha on the outer part of the eye and into the crease. Blend out slightly using a combination of Cinderella and Cupcake.
- Blend out using Beaches and Cream and Vanilla Bean.
- Pat the pigment Afterglow on the lower lid staying below the crease.
- Darken the outer part of the eye using Corrupt.
- Smudge Vegas Lights under the length of the eye and line the upper lashline using Makeup Geek’s Gel Liner in Immoral, creating a winged line.
- Line the upper and lower waterlines with the same gel liner, and add a pop of gold to the inner corner with Liquid Gold.
- Add mascara and a set of lashes, like the Ardell Demi Wispies.
Sparkle, depth and drama, what more could a woman need? This alluring and hypnotic look is sure to mesmerize everyone around you.
Other Products: Makeup Geek Pigment in Liquid Gold, Makeup Geek Gel Liner in Immortal
- Use a small dome brush and gently buff corrupt onto the outer 1/3 of the eye creating a cat-eye. Smudge corrupt under the eye coming in 1/3 of the way.
- Sweep Mocha into the crease and blend out using Hipster.
- Using a flat stiff brush, gently pat Vegas Lights beginning where Corrupt left off and come in leaving the inner 1/3 open.
- Do the same thing using the pigment Utopia and smudge the pigment under the eye where the black left off.
- Add a touch of Liquid Gold in the inner corner and line the upper and lower waterlines with Makeup Geek’s Gel Liner in Immortal
- Curl your lashes and add mascara or a set of great lashes.
This charming look is one you will find yourself going back to time and time again.
- Sweep Cocoa Bear on the outer corner of the eye and into the crease making sure to feather out any harsh lines.
- Pat Drama Queen on the lower lid staying below the crease.
- Use Ice Queen on the brow bone as your highlight.
- Pat a small amount of Shimma Shimma on the center of the eye.
- Use a mixing medium or a drop of contact solution and mix in Drama Queen to line the upper and lower lashline.
- Add a touch of Shimma Shimma on the inner corner of your eye, curl your lashes and add mascara.
Inspired by the grey trend seen everywhere from runways to magazines, this timeless and elegant look is ideal for our fashion forward Makeup Geeks.
- Begin by placing a piece of scotch tape along the edge of the eye for a crisp line.
- With a small dome brush, run Corrupt along the edge of the tape and bring inward. Use a fluffy brush to buff out any harsh lines.
- Smudge corrupt under the eye.
- Use a flat, stiff brush and pat Mercury over the lower lid bringing the color up slightly past the crease. Blend the lines and smudge over the edge of the black under the eye.
- Use Vanilla Bean as your highlight and to help blend the colors.
- Use your flat brush to pat the pigment in Paparazzi over the grey.
- Line your upper and lower waterlines with Immortal, curl your lashes and add lashes.
Inspired by the duo chrome hues in Makeup Geek’s Insomnia, this gorgeous look shows how versatile the shade truly is.
Other Products: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
- Place the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk under the brow and over the lower lid. Blend out using your finger or a stiff brush.
- With a small dome brush, place Corrupt on the outer part of the eye and blend inward.
- Use a small dome brush and pat the pigment Insomnia over the center of the lower lid where the black ended.
- Wipe off our brush and use Appletini over the inner 1/3 of the eye.
- Use a fluffy brush and sweep Frappe into the crease and blend out using Beaches and Cream.
- Run Shimmermint under the outer 1/2 of the lower lashline followed by a mixture of Crème Brulee and Frappe.
- Line the upper lashline with the gel liner in Immortal keeping the color close to the lashline.
- Curl your lashes, add mascara and a set of accent lashes to finish.
It is so hard to believe that this year is almost over! As we look back at the talent that was shared with us through 2013 we are simply and utterly amazed. As much as we hate to see this year draw to a close, we can’t wait to see what the next year has in store for us and what amazing makeup looks you all will create.