Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Community Challenge Weekly Challenge: Nail Geeks WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

This topic contains 27 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rebecca Schnippel schnips 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jesica G.
    jesica

Well, definitely something different this week, but we were thrilled to see our Muggies step outside their zone and really flex those creative muscles! Our winner today has wowed us in the past, and this time her fabulous My Little Pony look couldn’t be beat! Congrats to Rebecca (@schnips) for her winning look!

Our random winner also went the ‘toon route, with an adorable Hello Kitty inspired mani. Congrats to Gemma D (@gemgem)!

Both winners should contact @Mariella via private message with your email and mailing address. Thanks for everyone who entered & commented- we’ll see you soon!

I love all of the DIY nail tutorials I have ben seeing on line! The gradient nails are so cool and the tribal nails are fabulous! So we wanted to switch it up a little this week at Makeup Geek and do a nail weekly challenge instead of the usual makeup! It can be any nails of your choice, just make sure you are holding a sign in your picture! Be creative and as always have fun!

When – 

• Challenge begins Monday, July 30th and ends Friday, August 10th at midnight EST

The Rules – 

• This challenge is open to anyone of any age and from any country
    • Only 1 look per person, and the work must be your own
    • The spirit of these challenges is to practice & create something new, thus to enter a look into a Weekly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose.
    • Do not edit or alter your images – images that have been altered will be disqualified.Only one entry/person. You may not create other user names to get out of this rule.
    • Any entry that is suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions. If you have an issue with this, or believe you are not in violation of the rules, please contact Mariella or Jessica by pm.
    • In one of your photos, please make sure you are holding a visible sign while wearing the makeup look that you are entering in the contest that says “MUG Weekly Challenge ___(insert challenge name)___ by ___(insert user name)___(date)___”

The Prize – 

• Winner will be announced Monday, August 13th
    • Two winners chosen: 1 for best look, and 1 at random, so everyone has a chance to win!
    • Prize will be the fun Sephora Collection Travel Manicure Set
    *Enter your photos here!

Good morning Makeup Geeks!

I loved this challenge sorry the pictures are such low quality they were taken with my phone.  The color that I used is limelight by color club and for detail I used black, gold, and silver glitter from Art Decor…hope you like them.

black grey and yellow

Hi All! I am a long time lurker – but when I saw this challenge I just had to sign up! I LOVE doing my nails – and I just attempted this great new nail design. It’s my first attempt – so it isn’t perfect, but so far – of all the mani’s I have given myself – this one is my favorite. I hope you like it! Colors Used: Avon Nailwear Pro+ in “Lagoon” and LA Girls in “I have  no idea.. The label fell off” Purple. :D

[caption id="attachment_184275" align="alignnone" width="250"]Far away with the Mug Sign Far away pic of my mani with the MUG sign

Up Close Mani
    Up Close of my “Dot Gradient” mani[/caption]

This is my first attempt at a Challenge…eek!  This is my FAVE look!  I used Essie’s YOGAGA and Wet n’ Wild’s Fergie new glitter line.  Gotta have some glitta glitta!  Neutral yet sparkly look.  I love it…hope you do too!

Leslie Graham – Nail Geek challenge

I was inspired by these bracelets

Products used: Essie- Angora Cardi & Sand Tropez, Sinful Colors- Olympia & Black on Black, Pure Ice- Iced Copper, Cina- Midsummer Dream pack (Hex-glitter), Last but not least, Bead Landing -chain…got it at Micheal’s.

Hi Geeks

i’m still very new at doing my nails. I guess i don’t have enough patience to let it dry :D

This is my first attempt at ombre nails. Hope you enjoy!

Hi everyone :3!
    I’m not really use to doing my nail more than just one colour… buy hey!, let’s try this challenge! :D Good luck 4 everyone ^^

Nail Polish used:
    Silver Craquele
    REVLON #570

Sorry about the crappy pics — camera broke, had to use iphone

Having a very girly moment here.

Good Luck Everyone :-)

Keeping it simple with white nails and a pretty robins egg color with polka dots =)

)

Hi, hope everyone is having a good week

My nails are gradient in sunset colours!!!!

My olympic inspired nail art :)

Hi everyone.

Here’s my entry for this challenge.

Products that I’ve used:

“Hey Sailor” nails. Closer looks:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Community Challenge’ is closed to new topics and replies.