Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Community Challenge Weekly Challenge: Mermaid Inspired WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

This topic contains 52 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Paulina PK Mesmerize 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    jesica

Congrats to this week’s winner, @Divulged. We loved her hand painted scales, and the skillful way she integrated her maid’s tail into her eye shape. Also, the green lips? Totally pulling it off!

Our random winner this week is @bubbles5410. Congrats ladies! Please contact @Mariella with your email and mailing address. Until next time!

Hello Makeup Geeks! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I wanted to do something really fun for this weekly challenge, so I decided lets do Mermaid inspired makeup. When I was little I loved mermaids, I secretly wanted to be one! :) I’m very excited about this weekly challenge and super excited about the prize, you’ll seriously love them! Be creative Muggies and as always have fun!

When – 

• Challenge begins Monday, August 27th and ends Friday, September 7th at midnight EST

The Rules – 

• This challenge is open to anyone of any age and from any country
    • Only 1 look per person, and the work must be your own
    • The spirit of these challenges is to practice & create something new, thus to enter a look into a Weekly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose.
    • Do not edit or alter your images – images that have been altered will be disqualified.Only one entry/person. You may not create other user names to get out of this rule.
    • Any entry that is suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions. If you have an issue with this, or believe you are not in violation of the rules, please contact Mariella or Jessica by pm.
    • In one of your photos, please make sure you are holding a visible sign while wearing the makeup look that you are entering in the contest that says “MUG Weekly Challenge ___(insert challenge name)___ by ___(insert user name)___(date)___”

The Prize – 

• Winner will be announced Monday, September 10th
    • Two winners chosen: 1 for best look, and 1 at random, so everyone has a chance to win!
    • Prize will be the fun Makeup Geek Lipstick Adventure Pack
    *Enter your photos here!

i LOVE doing these weekly challenges!! :) i tried several different ways to get the scales right on my forehead/neck area to give it that fish-esque feel. however, It didn’t turn out as well as I had hoped. but still every challenge is more experience gained.. and it doesnt hurt when it’s your hobby, either!! :) <3

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Good luck to everyone!! :)

This is my entry! I used blue and green eye shadows, including NYX and Stargazer. I also used eyeliner, mascara, Emani eye glitter, and plastic gem stones. There was no inspiration photo, just imagination.

Here is my Mermaid Inspired look. This is my first weekly challenge!

I was inspired by the multi-colored iridescent mermaid tail and the glittering sea. The Little Mermaid was my favorite cartoon growing up and I spent many hours splashing around in my grandparents pool with a diving ring around my ankles – pretending to be Ariel ;)

If I was a mermaid,  I would rock this look every day!!! =] SO excited to see everyone’s looks for this challenge!! I love mermaids they are gorgeous!

This is my first ever attempt for a Weekly Challenge:) Wish me luck, and good luck everybody!!!

mermaid1 mermaid 2 mermaid 3 mermaid 4
    mermaid 5 mermaid 6This is my first weekly challenge! It was sooo fun to do! Except that my camera wasn’t working well and the battery died. But then I realized that I spelled my user name wrong… MY USER NAME IS: tneyfeld
    Good luck everyone!!!! :D

Thank god the mermaid doesent have to be pretty :D

I got my mermaid inspiration from: MOOMIN! (I’m so sorry if you havent heard from Finlands gift to the world, along with santaclaus and salty liqourice!)

And heres what I could come up with…

And then I got bored an took it a little bit further, though the brows didnt fill in nicely after I had dealt them with white liner, so the color just got stuck to the places where the white had been..

This is my version of a Mermaid Inspired look! I have no particular inspiration for this look, just my own creativity. I know it looks like a bride, but I was actually going for an elegant mhymsical look :) Thank you! All of you are gorgeous!!! :)                   

D.

This look was sooo fun to do. I have decided that I am going to be a mermaid for Halloween so I can do it again!!

I used a dark blue, turquoise, and bright green for my eyes and the “scales.”

I did my hair too, even though this is technically a makeup competition.

I added red lipstick at the end, but decided I liked the look better without it. However, I really like this picture.

hi!!!

the reason the color is all wonky in this pic is because I tried to hurry up and use natural lighting, but I wasnt fast enough, and this is all I could get before the sun peaced out!

Hi everyone! This is my post for the mermaid weekly challenge….this was really fun and I’m kinda new to the whole “costume” type of makeup.  I’m hoping to improve! :)  Loving everyone’s mermaid looks so far!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

The forum ‘Community Challenge’ is closed to new topics and replies.