August 27, 2012 at 12:35 pm #188503
Congrats to this week’s winner, @Divulged. We loved her hand painted scales, and the skillful way she integrated her maid’s tail into her eye shape. Also, the green lips? Totally pulling it off!
Hello Makeup Geeks! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I wanted to do something really fun for this weekly challenge, so I decided lets do Mermaid inspired makeup. When I was little I loved mermaids, I secretly wanted to be one! I’m very excited about this weekly challenge and super excited about the prize, you’ll seriously love them! Be creative Muggies and as always have fun!
- Challenge begins Monday, August 27th and ends Friday, September 7th at midnight EST
The Rules -
- This challenge is open to anyone of any age and from any country
- Only 1 look per person, and the work must be your own
- The spirit of these challenges is to practice & create something new, thus to enter a look into a Weekly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose.
- Do not edit or alter your images – images that have been altered will be disqualified.Only one entry/person. You may not create other user names to get out of this rule.
- Any entry that is suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions. If you have an issue with this, or believe you are not in violation of the rules, please contact Mariella or Jessica by pm.
- In one of your photos, please make sure you are holding a visible sign while wearing the makeup look that you are entering in the contest that says “MUG Weekly Challenge ___(insert challenge name)___ by ___(insert user name)___(date)___”
The Prize -
*Enter your photos here!August 27, 2012 at 7:08 pm #188584
- Winner will be announced Monday, September 10th
- Two winners chosen: 1 for best look, and 1 at random, so everyone has a chance to win!
- Prize will be the fun Makeup Geek Lipstick Adventure Pack
i LOVE doing these weekly challenges!! i tried several different ways to get the scales right on my forehead/neck area to give it that fish-esque feel. however, It didn’t turn out as well as I had hoped. but still every challenge is more experience gained.. and it doesnt hurt when it’s your hobby, either!! <3
Good luck to everyone!!August 27, 2012 at 8:47 pm #188610
DivulgedMemberAugust 28, 2012 at 3:32 am #188620
samidan489MemberAugust 28, 2012 at 11:52 am #188668
Brandi82MemberAugust 28, 2012 at 8:00 pm #188768
Kristyn HarboldtMemberAugust 28, 2012 at 9:37 pm #188787
rumentaaMemberAugust 28, 2012 at 10:30 pm #188802
This is my first weekly challenge! It was sooo fun to do! Except that my camera wasn’t working well and the battery died. But then I realized that I spelled my user name wrong… MY USER NAME IS: tneyfeld
Good luck everyone!!!!August 29, 2012 at 8:34 am #188878
Thank god the mermaid doesent have to be pretty
I got my mermaid inspiration from: MOOMIN! (I’m so sorry if you havent heard from Finlands gift to the world, along with santaclaus and salty liqourice!)
And heres what I could come up with…
And then I got bored an took it a little bit further, though the brows didnt fill in nicely after I had dealt them with white liner, so the color just got stuck to the places where the white had been..August 29, 2012 at 7:07 pm #188917
doriakMemberAugust 30, 2012 at 1:19 am #188987
I used a dark blue, turquoise, and bright green for my eyes and the “scales.”
I did my hair too, even though this is technically a makeup competition.August 30, 2012 at 9:47 am #189029
EdAj77MemberAugust 30, 2012 at 10:32 am #189042
miraclefanMemberAugust 30, 2012 at 3:56 pm #189094
Danielle Abar-StorrsMemberAugust 30, 2012 at 8:48 pm #189111
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.