Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Community Challenge Weekly Challenge: Makeup Geek Starter Kit WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

This topic contains 29 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Asia Espiau aespiau 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Nick

Lots of top-notch work this week, so big congrats to our winners!

Viki wowed us with her dramatic use of plums: we loved the way she used Shimma Shimma on the center of the lid to really pull the eyes forward!

For a more natural but still glam look, Laura used just enough smoke to give her look a classic, elegant twist.

Thanks again to everyone that entered this special challenge! Winners should contact Mariella with your email and mailing address. Remember, rules go back to normal this week, so please make sure you read carefully before you post!

Welcome to this very special edition of the ‘Weekly Challenge!’ This week we came up with a unique way to thank our wonderful customers by hosting a Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Challenge! So get those MUG Shadows out and be ready to win some AWESOME prizes!

“What if I don’t own the Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Starter Kit?” Don’t worry; the Weekly Challenge will be back to normal next week! We just wanted to take the opportunity to thank our customers, celebrate the Makeup Geek brand, and get you guys some great prizes!
    The Challenge
    In case you couldn’t tell from the title of this post, the Challenge requires the use of at least some of the colors from the Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Starter Kit.   While the only shadows you can use in the look have to be from this lineup (Cocoa Bear, Mocha, Glamourous, Purely Naked, Shimma Shimma, Purple Rain, Unexpected, and/or Corrupt), you can use some other products such as eye liner, lashes, primer, etc as long as the Starter Kit colors are the primary color.  (Liners should only be accents).  Please be sure to list all the products you used in your look.

These are two categories you can enter into:  One is a more creative/dramatic look and the other is a more simple but glamorous look — something you might wear to work, school, or social gathering.   You can submit one entry for each category.

The Reward

The reward for this challenge is a unique opportunity to try out our yet-to-be released-to-the-public Makeup Geek Lipsticks! The lipsticks are due to be released in about a month, but the winers of this challenge will get to try these out before anyone else!

The two winners of this challenge will get 6 different preview units – which means the lipstick tubes will be missing their logo and cap screen-printing, (we are still working on this!), but they will have name labels and the artwork on the lipstick box will be completed.
    Win Preview Units of the upcoming Makeup Geek Lipsticks (no printing on tubes)
    Product Requirements for This Challenge:

The only eyeshadows used can be from the Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Starter Kit: Cocoa Bear, Mocha, Glamourous, Purely Naked, Shimma Shimma, Purple Rain, Unexpected, and/or Corrupt
    You do not need to use all of the shadows in the kit
    You can use other non-eyeshadow products such as lashes, primer, etc.

Other Rules:

Challenge begins Monday, May 7th and ends Friday, May 18th at midnight EST
    Post photos of your look here in the forum
    Only 2 looks per person, and the work must be your own
    You must list the full list of products used in your look
    Winner will be announced Tuesday, May 22nd
    Prize will be 6 preview units of Makeup Geek Lipsticks (only has name labels — no tube printing yet)
    The spirit of these challenges is to practice & create something new, thus to enter a look into a Weekly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose.
    In one of your photos, please take a picture of yourself holding the products you used in the look (minus the lashes, if used)
    Do not edit or alter your images – images that have been altered will be disqualified.
    Only two entries/person. You may not create other user names to get out of this rule.
    Any entry that is suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions. If you have an issue with this, or believe you are not in violation of the rules, please contact Mariella or Jessica by pm.
    Two winners chosen — one for the most creative look, and one for the most elegant, but simple look.  Photography is VERY important with these entries (see our photography guide and how to choose a camera)
    This challenge is open to anyone of any age and from any country

Well, here is my everyday look. I used Shimma Shimma, Cocoa Bear, Unexpected, Purple Rain, and Glamorous, as well as Loreal Voluminous Mascara.

Hi, bought my MUG starter kit together with my other MUG shadows so they are all together in my palette. I wore this as a daytime look when I was out shopping on a Saturday. The eyeliner was not meant to be so prominent but I was still experimenting with my Inglot gel liner so sorry about that! :P

Also, you may notice I’m not wearing the makeup in the pic where I hold the products… I took the products pic after I wore the makeup sorry, hope it still counts. I posted pics of the shadows when they arrived and when I first put them in my palette :) Below is the product info.

Angie—Mug Starter Kit Challeng Entry

Simple Glamorous Look

Products Used:

Eye Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance

MUG Eye Shadows: Purely Naked, Shimma Shimma, Mocha, Unexpected  & Corrupt.

Eyeliner: Inglot gel liner Black 77 & Milani Liquif’eye eyeliner Black 01

Mascara: Catrice The Giant Extreme Volume Mascara

Eyebrows: Revlon Colorstay Brow Enhancer Blackened Brown/Taupe & Revlon Vital Radiance Brow Fill In Powder Dark Brown 06

I used Purely Naked all over the mobile eyelid, the I put Mocha in the outer V and Unexpected blended in the middle. Shimma Shimma was used in the inner corner and on the brow bone and Corrupt was used in the upper lashline beneath eyeliner and slightly smudged along the lower lashline (along with Milani eyeliner).

Mug Starter Kit Challeng Entry – Simple Glamorous Look

I wore this out :) love my MUG shadows

Products Used:

MAC Painterly Paint Pot

Mug eyeshadows: Purely Naked in upper crease/blending out colour, Mocha on lid/under eye, Shimma Shimma as highlight on browbone and inner lids, Corrupt in crease/lashline/outer V

MAC Tecknikohl

Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara

elf eyebrow kit

Goodluck everyone!

MUG Starter Kit Challeng Entry – In both categories:

Primer:
    Urban Decay primer potion
    MAC paint pot in painterly

Brow:
    Smashbox brow wax
    MakeUp Store Tri Brow Color

First the simple one:

Eyeshadows:
    Shimma shimma
    Purely Naked
    Glamorous
    Mocha
    Corrupt

Second the little more creative look:

Eyeshadows:
    Shimma Shimma
    Purely Naked
    Mocha
    Purple Rain
    Corrupt

calbear

MUGs – I understand some of you have opinions about this week’s challenge. However, lets not clog the Challenge thread with these comments. I have deleted the comments but please don’t consider this censorship, it’s just that I can’t figure out how to move the comments over to a different thread without messing up this one :) If you do have something to say please do so here: http://www.makeupgeek.com/forums/topic/commentary-about-the-mug-eyeshadow-weekly-challenge/

Hello MUGgies! This is my entry for the weekly challenge. The only colour I have that qualifies for this is MUG’s “Corrupt.” So that is all I have used. No other e/s was used – the highlight is nyx JEP in Pots and Pans. And the inner corner is NYZ JEP in Milk.

The other products used are:

1. UDPP
    2. NYX JEP Black Bean, Pots and Pans, Milk.
    3. MUG e/s Corrupt
    4. UD 24/7 pencil in Zero
    5. Lotus Mascara
    6. Kryolan Lashes in 9371 TV4
    7. NYX Candy glitter liner in Silver

I couldn’t get a pic holding all the products and my eye in it – so this is what I managed.

Dramatic, classy, versatile (tone-down for a day look). This is my first attempt at any type of MUG contest!

EYE:

-UD primer potion
    -Purple Rain (crease)
    -Unexpected (transition)
    -Glamorous (lid)
    -Shimma Shimma (brow/inner corner highlight)
    -Corrupt (darken outer V)
    -Purple Rain & Cocoa Bear (smudge lower lash line)
    -MAC fluidline in Blitz & Glitz
    -Lashes: Ardell #102 Demi

FACE:
    -MUFE HD in #155
    -MAC Fix + spray
    -MAC Margin blush

BROWS:
    -MAC Lingering pencil

Here’s the colors I used:

Thank you so much Makeup Geek for providing us with such EXCELLENT eye shadows and offering this weekly challenge! What a great idea! I had so much fun with it!

Aw man! These looks are really awesome, stinks that I don’t have any MUG shadows to participate.  Good luck everyone! :)

f

DSC_9572

DSC_9571

DSC_9561

DSC_9575

Hello everyone! This is my post for the category “Simple but Glamorous Look”

Products I have used:

FACE:

• Lancome Photogenic Lumessence
    • 10Blush Palette

EYES:

• Corrupt
    • Cocoa Bear
    • Shimma Shimma
    • Purely Naked
    • Glamorous
    • NYX Doll Eye Mascara Volume
    • E.L.F. Eyelid Primer

LIPS:

• L’Oreal Studio Secrets Lip Liner
    • Avon Cosmetics Lipstick Very Me Pink Blush

I hope you enjoy this look and good luck to everyone! :)

Hey! hope you like this simple, glamourous look!

Face: hard candy bronzer (hula hula), nyx blush (peach)

Eyes: palladio eye primer, maybelline colossal lash mascara (glam black), anabelle eye liner pencil (brown)

Shadows: cocoa bear, purely naked, glamourous, shimma shimma

Lips: revlon lip butter (creme brulee)

Here is my first entry for the MUG starter kit weekly challenge.  A glamorous look!  I will post the more dramatic one tomorrow.  Hope you like it :)

Products Used:

Prime Time Eyelid primer

L’Oreal Lineur Intense liquid eyeliner

Ardell Demi Wispies lashes

MUG shadows used:

Purely Naked

Cocoa Bear

Corrupt

Shimma Shimma

Here is the link to this look in the Idea Gallery…I posted them there so they were larger and you can see them better!

http://www.makeupgeek.com/idea-gallery/look/glamorous-weekly-challenge-entry-mug-starter-kit/

I just got my starter kit in the mail today! And even though i dont have a good camera to take pictures, i thought i would just show you what i have done, and this seemed like the most appropriate place! i used four of the eyeshadows, ,mascara, eyeliner, and my new red lippy and lip gloss. Just a beginner but enjoy the new products heaps!! i forgot to take the picture of me holding the kit until just before bed! so excuse the messy hair and lack of make up :P

Hello again!:) Today I have created a look for the category “More creative/dramatic Look”:

Products I have used:

FACE:

• Lancome Photogenic Lumessence
    • 10Blush Palette

EYES:

• Purple Rain
    • Unexpected
    • Shimma Shimma
    • NYX Doll Eye Mascara Volume
    • E.L.F. Eyelid Primer
    • Rimmel Extreme Definition Eyeliner in City Girl

LIPS:

• NYX Round Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie
    • Oriflame Cosmetics Power Shine Lipgloss in Soft Pink

So I hope you enjoy this look and have fun MUGs!:)

hello again! here is my second look, for the dramatic category…

eyes:  palladio eye primer, palladiopen liner (black), annabelle pencil liner (black), maybelline colossal volume express mascara (glam black)

eye shadows: shimma shimma, unexpected, purple rain, corrupt

hope you like it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.