Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Community Challenge Weekly Challenge: July Fourth Inspired WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

This topic contains 52 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rebecca Schnippel schnips 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jesica G.
    jesica

::EDIT:: Hope everyone had a great time with this challenge- I was great to see all of your red white and blues come to life! There were several amazing entries this time around, but in the end, we were wowed by @brittanycouturexo‘s delicate stars, bold stripes and, of course, those amazing ombré lips!

Our random prize this week goes to @dance.team! Congrats to both winners. Please contact Mariella via Private Message with your mailing and email address.

Happy Fourth of July Muggies! We hope that everyone celebrating has a fun and safe holiday! We wanted to celebrate by having a fun Fourth of July contest. This contest can be based off of any Fourth of July picture. Almost forgot, Fourth of July manicures also can be entered in this weekly challenge! Be creative and as always have fun!

Here’s the scoop on this challenge:

• Challenge begins Monday, July 2nd and ends Friday, July 13th at midnight EST
      • Create your best Fourth of July inspired look
      • Post photos of your look here in the forum
      • Only 1 look per person, and the work must be your own
      • Winner will be announced Monday, July 16th
      • Prize will be the fun five Makeup Geek Lipsticks
      • The spirit of these challenges is to practice & create something new, thus to enter a look into a Weekly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose.
      • Do not edit or alter your images – images that have been altered will be disqualified.
      • Only one entry/person. You may not create other user names to get out of this rule.
      • Any entry that is suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions. If you have an issue with this, or believe you are not in violation of the rules, please contact Mariella or Jessica by pm.
      • Two winners chosen: 1 for best look, and 1 at random, so everyone has a chance to win!
      • This challenge is open to anyone of any age and from any country
      • In one of your photos, please make sure you are holding a visible sign while wearing the makeup look that you are entering in the contest that says “MUG Weekly Challenge ___(insert challenge name)___ by ___(insert user name)___(date)___”

OMG, I literally JUST did a 4th of July look on sunday. I had no idea that you would be doing a weekly challenge of the theme. I actually posted it last night in the show your face forum. So, I don’t have a pic of me holding a sign for the challenge. I guess I can’t participate then?

I’ve never entered in the weekly challenge, so how do I post pics for this challenge? Sorry if it’s right in my face and I’m just not seeing it!

I really enjoyed this challenge. I did not draw inspiration from a picture so I don’t have an inspiration pic to post. Here is my look:

I put a dark blue on the outer v, red in the middle, and white on the inner corner. I did the same on the lower lash line smudging dark blue on the outside, red in the middle, and white on the inner corner. I used black liquid liner to make the stars. Hope you enjoy it.

I had a lot of fun coming up with something wild and crazy, that I would never actually wear in public. Thank you for the opportunity :)

Ugh..  So here’s my entry.  Flag & fireworks.

Happy Independence Day USA!

All products used, USA made!

This was the first time I have entered into the weekly challenge! It was a lot of fun doing something different!! There are a lot of good looks already, I love everyones ideas!! It wouldn’t let me load my other picture, so I hope this is ok.

There is my 4th July (independence day) inspired look! =)

I got inspired by many of the pictures, but here is the one i used in my creation!

Photobucket

N here comes the look….

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Guys, the last picture is not edited…do not doubt please! i mistakenly used ultra loud lighting for just the one pic! Sorry!

Photobucket

A secret little click of my model’s hair style! i loved it! :P :D

Photobucket

Proof! :)

I have a question for admin that, will the winner  going to choose the shades of the lipstick or it will be chosen by you?

Hope you guys like the look!

BEST of LUCK to rest of the Muggy’s! :)

My entry into the Weekly Challenge :D! I really hope I’m one of the winners but even if I’m not, it was fun to create this look. Haven’t been wearing makeup lately so doing this really brought me up…I just love how makeup can make a girl’s day :D. I hope cropping isn’t considered editing ‘cuz the original sizes were too large to be uploaded.

But good luck to all of the amazing Muggies :D!

This is my very first challenge. I wore this look for a 4th party (hence the Sailor/Captain hat). I liked this look better with a pale lip since the eyes were so glittery. However, the red lip does give it more of a pinup style. Hope you like it! Thanks for the opportunity to enter, I look forward to more challenges! =D

Hello!

this is the first challenge i’m participating!

my makeup turned out to be little bit like goth so it is my July 4th goth makeup!

the eye makeup looks bit like Brittany’s (which i think is amazing!!) but i really didn’t see it before i did mine.

good luck to everyone

Hi everyone, I’m a new subscriber, so this is my very first look. I know, a bit conservative next to all you creative artists here (great job by the way!), but here it is….. Happy 4th!  -kittylovesmakeup

[caption id="attachment_180059" align="alignnone" width="250"] 2[/caption]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

The forum ‘Community Challenge’ is closed to new topics and replies.