Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Community Challenge Weekly Challenge: James Bond Inspired – WINNERS ANNOUNCED

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of starxdust starxdust 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jesica

James Bond movies are amazing! The girls in the movies are always so sassy and sultry. This weeks weekly challenge is James Bond inspired! Be creative and as always have fun.

When – 

• Challenge begins Monday, November 19th and ends Friday, November 30th at midnight EST

The Rules – 

• This challenge is open to anyone of any age and from any country
    • Only 1 look per person, and the work must be your own
    • The spirit of these challenges is to practice & create something new, thus to enter a look into a Weekly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose.
    • Do not edit or alter your images – images that have been altered will be disqualified.Only one entry/person. You may not create other user names to get out of this rule.
    • Any entry that is suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions. If you have an issue with this, or believe you are not in violation of the rules, please contact Mariella or Jessica by pm.
    • In one of your photos, please make sure you are holding a visible sign while wearing the makeup look that you are entering in the contest that says “MUG Weekly Challenge ___(insert challenge name)___ by ___(insert user name)___(date)___”

The Prize – 

• Winner will be announced Monday, December 3rd
    • Two winners chosen: 1 for best look, and 1 at random, so everyone has a chance to win!
    • Prize will be the fun Korres Lip Butter Collection
    *Enter your photos here!
    SO OUR WINNERS ARE:
    - @clockworkamelia for her re-creation of French actress Berenice Marlohe’s colorful smokey eyes – which she’s been rocking a lot on the red carpet. Great job!
    - random winner : @seekrofknowledge
    Please PM Mariella with your full name, e-mail address and postal address so she can arrange the sending of your prizes.
    Great job everyone!

I was inspired by this nail polish ad that I’ve seen around, which features Berenice Marlohe from the new Skyfall movie.  I wanted to do something smoky and seductive that picked up the burgundy and flash of gold on her lip and nails.

Edit: Whoops, forgot the sign pic. :P

here is my james bond inspired look. I was inspired by the black and white tuxedo and the red dresses.

I wanted to go with a 70s style bond look. My inspiration was Solitaire from Live and Let Die.

This is my entry. I took my inspiration from Solitaire and thought this might be what a modern day Solitaire would look like :)

Lipstick: Cover Girl “Hot Passion”

I was inspired by the bond girls. They are sexy and sophisticated, so I based my look on being both. I hope you like it :-)

Aaaah I think I’m too late with the time zone difference, but I’ll post mine anyways.

I took my inspiration from Goldfinger, where the bad guy “turns people into gold” to kill them.  His first victim is a beautiful (mostly) naked woman. Didn’t go with the traditional sexy Bond girl, unfortunately. Anyway, hope you enjoy it, whether it qualifies or not!

Wow Dana :-) that is awesome! :-) I hope you got it in in time :-)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Community Challenge’ is closed to new topics and replies.