September 11, 2012 at 11:51 am #190707
Wow! You Muggies sure proved you’re a fashionable bunch! Lots of great entries this challenge, and some flawless recreations, but our winner this week awed us by merging of three different inspirations into one flawlessly executed look. Congrats to @MadamNoire!
Congrats also go to our random winner this week, @Blueberry, for her McQueen inspired creation!
Winners should contact Mariella via private message to claim your prize, please include your mailing address and a current email address. Thanks to everyone- see you in two weeks!
We are keeping our eyes peeled open right now at MUG. Fashion Week is all over the internet and T.V. right now! We love it, so much inspiration! This weeks challenge is Fashion Week Inspired. It can be a picture from this seasons Fashion Week or any previous Fashion Week. Be creative and as always have fun!
- Challenge begins Monday, September 10th and ends Friday, September 21st at midnight EST
The Rules -
- This challenge is open to anyone of any age and from any country
- Only 1 look per person, and the work must be your own
- The spirit of these challenges is to practice & create something new, thus to enter a look into a Weekly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose.
- Do not edit or alter your images – images that have been altered will be disqualified.Only one entry/person. You may not create other user names to get out of this rule.
- Any entry that is suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions. If you have an issue with this, or believe you are not in violation of the rules, please contact Mariella or Jessica by pm.
- In one of your photos, please make sure you are holding a visible sign while wearing the makeup look that you are entering in the contest that says “MUG Weekly Challenge ___(insert challenge name)___ by ___(insert user name)___(date)___”
The Prize -
*Enter your photos here!September 11, 2012 at 3:35 pm #190739
- Winner will be announced Monday, September 24th
- Two winners chosen: 1 for best look, and 1 at random, so everyone has a chance to win!
- Prize will be the fun 5 Makeup Geek Gel Liners
Should the fashion have to be british or american??? can we go for Pakistan’s fashion week or india’s fashion week?September 11, 2012 at 9:03 pm #190772
It can be from anywhere!September 12, 2012 at 8:01 am #190814
I’m sorry. I’m not understanding this one! Do we post just a picture of w look that we like? Or should we replicate the models’ makeup included in the picture? Could you explain more?September 12, 2012 at 8:06 am #190815
Oh I think I understand now. Is it inspired by a specific outfit that someone picks out and the they come up with a makeup look based on colors and print of the outfit?September 12, 2012 at 2:26 pm #190842
velethiaMemberSeptember 12, 2012 at 3:09 pm #190848
I’m sorry. I’m not understanding this one! Do we post just a picture of w look that we like? Or should we replicate the models’ makeup included in the picture? Could you explain more?
Inspired by an outfit seen on the runway or the models’ look during a show, as I understand it.September 12, 2012 at 7:48 pm #190863
Oh thank you so much!September 12, 2012 at 8:10 pm #190867
My entry is inspired by the makeup worn by the models at Badgley Mischka’s Fall (Autumn)/Winter 2012 show from earlier this year at NY Fashion Week.
* Illamasqua Light Liquid Foundation – LF115
* MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer – NW15
* Sleek i-Divine Ultra Mattes V2 – Darks palette (Villain on lid, Maple in crease and blended up to brows, Noir in outer corner to intensify)
* Urban Decay eyeshadow – Half-Baked (lower lashline)
* Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Eyeliner – Perversion (top waterline)
* Revlon Photoready 3D Volume Mascara
* Benefit Hoola bronzer (contour)
* Victoria’s Secret lipstick – Stilletto
* wet’n'wild lipstick – 919B
(And I just realized I forgot to add the date to my card. Sorry!)September 12, 2012 at 10:26 pm #190909September 13, 2012 at 6:10 am #190938
I want to inform something so by the time of judging it won’t make judges get into ay misunderstanding/confusion. I am going to use my cousin as a model for this challenge and will be posting my entry soon. My model(cousin sister) also will be going to enter her post soon suing herself as a model.
And the funny thing is that my cousin’s sister is even going to post her entry using her sister(my cousin/model) as a model.
So,there will only one face/model in all the 3 entries!
So i just wanted to clear it up before anyone can see it and complain the admin!!
So,basically there is only one face but the work has been done indivitually!
Thank YouSeptember 13, 2012 at 6:50 am #190946
Ooh! What a fun theme! ^_^ I decided to do something crazy for this challenge, since crazy is what I love most about fashion shows.
My look is inspired by three different makeup looks from three different (at least I think so) Fashion Weeks. They are all amazing though so I decided to do some kind of marriage between them and add some personal elements.
Here are my inspiration pictures:
And from these three pictures I got the inspiration for this look:September 13, 2012 at 12:24 pm #191007
DominoMemberSeptember 13, 2012 at 7:52 pm #191055
Hey everyone! I pulled my inspiration from NY fashion week. I used Nyx gloss black liner to simulate the leather trend, a metallic gold on the lid with a pop of white under the brow for the metals/jewel tones trend, a bold red lip and a thick brow as most of the models wee sporting thicker brows this season. Thank you for your consideration, and good luck MuGs!!September 15, 2012 at 7:17 am #191323
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.