Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Community Challenge Weekly Challenge: Dot Art WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

This topic contains 31 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Daniduffymakeup Daniduffymakeup 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    jesica

::EDIT:: Please continue to read after the winner’s announcement for an important note that will affect all future Weekly Challenges!

We had some really cute looks this week, but the stand-out this week was someone we felt really embraced the Aboriginal, dot-art inspired theme and interpreted it in a gorgeous, and highly skilled manner. Congrats to Marium (@marium)! The prize for random winner this week goes to Ela, (@choccolate91). Congrats again ladies, to claim your prizes, please contact @Mariella via private message with your email and mailing address.

There seems to have been a little bit of confusion lately over the rule requiring entrants to hold up a sign to authenticate their entry. Please understand, this provision was added as a measure of fairness- to safe-guard and ensure that challenge entries were being done for this challenge, and that photos truly belong to the person who posted them.

This week, we had a good number of entries that chose to add the requested info onto their their entry by writing it digitally, rather than holding a sign. As Mariella discussed on the thread, this doesn’t serve the same purpose as the sign, since anyone can take any photo off of the web and tag it with whatever info they like.

Because we understand that many of you are new to the forum, we decided choose our random winner from all entries- even those formatted incorrectly. PLEASE be aware that going forward, entries that do not adhere to ALL rules posted at the beginning of the thread will be disqualified from both the skill-based and the randomly chosen prize.

Here’s the scoop on this challenge:

• Challenge begins Monday, June 18th and ends Friday, June 29th at midnight EST
    • Create your best Australian Aborigina inspired look
    • Post photos of your look here in the forum
    • Only 1 look per person, and the work must be your own
    • Winner will be announced Monday, July 2nd
    • Prize will be the fun Ciate Caviar Manicure
    • The spirit of these challenges is to practice & create something new, thus to enter a look into a Weekly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose.
    • Do not edit or alter your images – images that have been altered will be disqualified.
    • Only one entry/person. You may not create other user names to get out of this rule.
    • Any entry that is suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions. If you have an issue with this, or believe you are not in violation of the rules, please contact Mariella or Jessica by pm.
    • Two winners chosen: 1 for best look, and 1 at random, so everyone has a chance to win!
    • This challenge is open to anyone of any age and from any country
    • In one of your photos, please make sure you are holding a visible sign while wearing the makeup look that you are entering in the contest that says “MUG Weekly Challenge ___(insert challenge name)___ by ___(insert user name)___(date)___”
    Photos Compliments Of: ed101.bu.edu

I went very minimalist on this look with the use of gel eyeliner under the brows and around to the lids, then added a bit of an edge by eyelash gluing two small gems to the lower lip to mimic snake bite piercings. Let me know what you think!

I found that I was inspired by the texture and shapes of this image! I hope you like my look

I can’t wait to see everyone elses creations!! Stay beautiful xxx

THIS IS MY LOOK! I’M 13! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY WHO ENTERS!! ;D  BTW. PLZ VIEW ALL PICTURE THANKS! x3 + COPY AND PASTE THE LINKS INTO ANOTHER BROWER SEARCH BAR ^_^

http://i46.tinypic.com/90c10m.jpg      << THE IMAGE I TRIED TO REPLICATE :)

http://i48.tinypic.com/21dhk00.jpg      << MY “ATTEMPTS” <<< vvv

http://i45.tinypic.com/2afd9ps.jpg      << MY ” MUG WEEKLY CHALLENGE” SIGN PICTURE :)

http://i46.tinypic.com/35copw7.jpg  << A PIC.. DUHH LOL x3

http://i48.tinypic.com/20hr32h.jpg  << ANOTHER PIC LOL HEHE ^.^

This is my look for this week’s challenge!
    Hope you like!

Hy everyone, this is my dot art inspired makeup.

HEY!

This is my “Dot Art” inspired look!

After i saw the dot art painting given by admin in the top most of the forum under the challenge description, I felt every bit of the painting is only about dots… My version is little different as i made  some designs by Dot!

So here we go,

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is the left side design with the side view of it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Funny, But i wanted admin to see all sides :p

Here is front /Upper view.

And from now starts another side of the face :)

I know some of you may have came across with difficulties while figuring out that what the hell is this creature. But wake up guys it’s a butterfly (I know it look something different but for a change butterflies can be this) :D

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don’t know if guys can clearly see that i have used sort of glitters on lips too.

Photobucket

This look have been truly done by me without any help even,But i have not done this on my self this time..i though it will be better if the person hold that written MUG n all paper on which  i have done the look! :)

Fingers cross! Hope you guys like the look! Happy Summer!!!!!! :D

All the very best to Muggy’s :)))))

This is my aborigin look! Hope you like it :))

Ok… let’s start. Hallo everybody! First time posting (actually 3rd… photo uploading try doesn’t count).
    Well.. Dot Art. Australian Aboriginal art… mmm *looking for inspiration*
    To be honest when I read “Dot”, I thought: include dots on my makeup (duh!)…mm why not adding little “crystals”?? Let’s make it uniquel!
    “Australian”: blue, red and white flag… hey! similar to Great Britain flag! Britain=PUNK! Punk RULZ!
    And finally, my obsession with skulls must be shown on my first makeup (Yes, is my first makeup covering the whole face :D and I really have a lot of fun!! First time but of course not the last!)

Ok.. here we go:
    MUG Challenge Week DotArt
    Photographer: Victoria Koellner (My beloved girlfriend ~… she took these great photos for me! I’m really happy with them! ^-^ thank you my love!)
    Makeup Artist and Model: Mel Nauta (mua.. ;P)

LOVE THESE FAKE EYELASHES!!!

And for the great finale… we work here with a new led light bulb we bought that change it’s colour.

…of coure I love more the side of the skull… I can’t help it >.<!

Hope you like it!! Enjoy! I did it!! =D
    See ya!

My firtst entery to challenge like this :)
    Hope you like it.

SORRY FOR A MISTAKE! “CHALLENGE”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.