Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Makeup Advice Rosacea

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Beth Green Beth Green 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I would say i have moderate rosacea on my cheeks, occasionally it can be severe, and be quite red. I have tried a variety of different makeup and techniques to cover it. Nothing seems to cover it really well. Any tips on products and methods to help cover it. I also notice half way through the day its cakey and dry looking. what can i do? please help

I am using the smashbox color correcting primer in Adjust – it helped me in covering the red cheeks.

http://www.smashbox.com/product/6038/18505/Face/Primer/COLOR-CORRECTING-PRIMER-ADJUST/index.tmpl

:wink:

Are you seeking treatment for the rosacea? What’s your current skin care routine like?

A colour-correcting primer may help, but I’d also add in a green concealer as well, to counteract the redness even more.

Thank you I will have to look into that.

I am seeking treatment and or best practice to cover my issue. My skin care routine consist of L’Oreal – Go 360 Clean Deep Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin and lately i been using St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturize.

Maybe the done thing would be to find a different moisturizer — one that will keep your skin hydrated for longer? Unfortunately, I don’t have a recommendation in that regard, mainly because I don’t have rosacea, and I don’t have sensitive skin.

Hopefully someone will point you in a better direction. :)

i use a loose mineral concealer. are you using any Rx products? the biggest help for me is an anti-inflammatory cleanser, specifically mine contains sulfur. you might try an old-fashioned bar of sulfur soap as a non-Rx option. i think you can find these at independent pharmacies; i’ve never seen them at chain stores.

You need to seek a dermatologist because rosacea progresses, they used to call it cystic acne, and boy it is nasty when it gets bad and it is irreversable. You need a perscription topical like metrogel, and it will ease the redeness you get in your skin tone too. They are not sure if the cause is an allergic reaction to the little bugs in your skin, but it needs treatment by a dermatologist. Obviously you know that alcohol and heat sets it off so try to avoid those two.

You also need to becareful when looking at prescriptions – most of the time, they put you on an antibiotic and a steriod cream or gel.

I have the same problem but i found a few products that really seem to help. First I use Eucerine Redness Relief Perfecting lotion, it has green pigments that make a big diff. When that settles i put on my foundation and other make-up like normal but i put a little bit of extra concealer on the bottom of my cheeks under the contour area i guess one could call it the jaw area. Be sure to set this with powder, i use e.l.f. hd finish but clinique also has a line of redness relief products with powders. then get a finish mist to avoid the cakey look. Urban decay has one called Dew Me but I use e.l.f. mist and set spray, it works just the same and the bottle is small enough i can throw it in my purse. If your skin gets super sensitive evian makes a face mist that is really just water in an aerosol can and that can fight the cakey look all day. Hope this helps!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Makeup Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.