Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Reviews & Swatches Rimmel doesn't safety seal their products?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Angie Liddiard Angie Liddiard 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I was at Walmart with my mom the other day and saw this awesome lipstick from Rimmel’s kate moss collection. When I picked it up, it wasn’t sealed. So I looked at all the other lipsticks from Rimmel and none of them were sealed. Is Rimmel being really unprofessional right now or am I just missing osmething?

I don’t think it’s Rimmel, personally.

What do you mean?

I’m pretty sure that by law, cosmetics have to be safety/tamper sealed. People just probably opened them at the store. Yuck!

Linda, I simply mean that Rimmel isn’t responsible for the unsealed packaging. As Amanda suggests, customers likely opened them in-store. I’ve seen this often at Walmart in other brands’ sections.

Actually, NONE of the Rimmel lipsticks are safety sealed. I noticed that too and I’m not really sure why. Same thing at my Walmart. Same with Maybelline. No safety seals. Revlon has seals but Loreal doesn’t either. At least not at my Walmart. I always open them to make sure they haven’t been used before I buy them. I’ve made the mistake of not looking before.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Reviews & Swatches’ is closed to new topics and replies.