Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Reviews & Swatches NEW TO URBAN DECAY

This topic contains 17 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Carlin Jones carlinj83 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

So I am new to Urban Decay cosmetics. Usually I’m a maybelline,covergirl, lancome, and mac person but the Urban Decay all nighter setting spray caught my attention I purchased it and I’m wondering what you guys think of this product and of urban decay products in general. =)

I love UD eyeshadows, well – most of them. The very glittery ones are messy to work with, IMO, because the glitter falls out everywhere (examples would be Midnight Cowboy e/s and all its sub-varieties) but I love the others, the texture is very good and the color payoff is great. Naked 1 is probably my most used palette ever, but I also have 3 Book of Shadows that I love!

The 24/7 pencil liners and liquid pencil liners are very good too, great fun colors. The chubby lipstick pencils are crazy pigmented.

The primer potion eyeshadow primer gets a lot of love but personally, I find it hard to blend eyeshadows over it, so I prefer the Nars or the Too Faced primers instead. But if you have very oily lids, it will work for sure.

I’m a huge UD fan. I use mostly their lipsticks, 24/7 eyeliners, and eyeshadows. I’ve not tried their setting sprays, but I’ve heard good things. Also a fan of their UDPP… but who isn’t. Great products overall.

UD eyeshadows are definitely the star of the show. As Mariella mentioned, the glittery ones can be a pain, but other than that, they are amazing. My Naked Palette probably gets used more than anything I own. I also have the AIW palette, which is just as nice with only a shade or two that is hard to deal with because of glitter.
    I’ve tried the 24/7 eyeliners, and maybe it was just the shade I bought (Wasteland), but I just wasn’t sold on it at all. They still seem worth looking into though, since as always results will vary. I only have the trial size for one of their 24/7 Glide on Shadow Pencils, but it seems nice and is super super pigmented.
    I’ve also used UDPP, in the original formula and Greed. Both are great, and Greed works nicely if you just want a soft, shimmery wash of color.
    I haven’t tried the setting spray, but I have thought about giving it a try.

Sidecar from the Naked Palette is also Fallout City, IMO.

Anyhoo. I have the Naked Palette (from back when it came with a double-ended Zero/Whiskey eyeliner instead of a brush) and Naked 2. Fab shadows all around. Eyeliner-wise, I like the pencils for the lashline, but not the waterline. (That said, I’ve not tried Perversion, which is supposed to have a different formula and hold up better.) I’ve also used UDPP. It worked well for me for about a year, but then it lost all its effectiveness; my shadows started creasing after only a few hours instead of holding up all day.

Haven’t tried the setting spray.

I haven’t tried the Spray yet,however I do like my Naked Palette, except for one color, which I forgot, but too much fall out. Other than that, great pigmentation, color payoff, and blends well. I love it, because I could do simple, every day looks, or more dramatic looks as well. I don’t have a problem with the original primer potion, my eyeshadows last all day. I also have two 24/7 eyepencils, and yes they are creamy, but it seems that they tend to run a bit when I apply it on my waterline.

am i the only one that doesn’t mind the glitter fall out from UD eyeshadows? lol. i’m kind of in love with glitter though and enjoy having it all over everything.

@Briana you know after some time I too like the glittery shadows they are def. not good for blending with other colors its just really hard. But I love wearing them alone for a simple day time look a thin layer of it and then some black liner and mascara. a little blush some lipgloss and its very pretty and simple.

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if since the last posts, if anyone has a review on the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray? …before i put some cash down on one.

Eyeshadows : I own both naked 1 and 2 palettes . I am completely smitten with the naked 2 (Everybody seems in love with the 1st one but I personnaly think the 2 is much much better !)

Primer : it allows amazing staying power even from very cheap e/s but I hate the fact that it is so hard to blend over it … I much prefer the TFSI…

Water line pencils : not my faves, quite expensive but they deliver …We have a brand here in Canada that I prefer (Annabelle smudgeliner).

Caro xxx

UD is one of my go-to brands. Most of their shadows are highly pigmented, buttery smooth, and supremely blendable. Their primer and eye pencils are second to none.

If you are going to become a UD palette collector like I am, though, you may want to start keeping track of which shades you already own, as many of their palettes contain repeat shades from previous palettes.

I love the setting spray! My friends make fun of me for “spraying” my face. You spray some on before and after, works great!!

I know spraying works great specially when are in mood of great fun.

i gotta huge thing of the all nighter the 6.0 oz which costs less

I love Urban Decay products! Their eye shadows, 24/7 eyeliners, and setting spray are a must for me! The setting spray is amazing. I used to have problems with my makeup coming off during the day ( I wear reading glasses), but after using the setting spray, it doesn’t go anywhere! Hope this helps!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Reviews & Swatches’ is closed to new topics and replies.