Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Makeup Chat Naked 2 Dupes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of HoneyJ honeyj 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi all, I am after a few dupes in the new Naked 2 palette. As UD isn’t sold in Australia, it’s impossible for me to have a look at the palette to see if I have similar things in my collection. Has anyone found a dupe for Verve or Tease? Also, I’ve read that Pistol is a dupe for Mac Smoke and Diamonds or Stilla Diamond Lil, can anyone confirm?

Many thanks.

This may help a little bit…

http://www.temptalia.com/urban-decay-naked-2-palette-swatches-photos-reviews

Some possible MUG dupes for the palette…
    Foxy ~ Lighter version of Vanilla Bean

Half-Baked ~ Mix of Gold Digger and Bleached Blonde?

Booty Call ~ Pinker/peachier version of Shimma Shimma

Chopper ~ Cinderella?

Tease ~ Unexpected (I think Tease is more pink, though)

Snakebite ~ Pretentious? Or Moondust?

Suspect ~ no MUG dupe.

Pistol ~ Mercury (but it’s a bit lighter)

Verve ~ no MUG dupe. This seems like the hardest shade to dupe, even outside MUG eyeshadows. In the pan, it looks like an iridescent white, but it’s not. (Becca Chantilly seems close, if you want a local(ish) brand, but it’s a demi-matte finish; you’d have to use a shimmery base underneath.)

YDK ~ Cinderella may be a better dupe for this, actually.

Busted ~ no MUG dupe.

Blackout ~ Corrupt

Thanks so much for that Shelly, I really appreciate it. I was thinking of buying some of the MUG eyeshadows, and now I have an even better excuse!

Update:

I caved and bought the Naked 2 palette. For all you Aussie MUGs, Beautybay.com have them for 37pounds (about AUS$60), and they currently have free international shipping).

Pistol is very close to NYX Dune, Verve is similar to NYX Aloha (but Verve has slightly more pinky undertone). Tease is similar to Ingot 358 (the Inglot one is a little more purple). If I find any more dupes I’ll update this thread.

All in all, I think I’m going to enjoy this palette :)

Physicians Formula has a shameless knockoff for about 10$ USD

http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/productdetail/eyes/eye-shadows/07564.html

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.