Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Chat About Life Major Life Changes

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Shelly shellygrrl 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’m back from the dead… and ready for a new beginning! After a two month archaeology dig where I realized that my asthma is going to prevent me from going into my dream career, I have thought long and hard about my current situation. After much thought, I have decided to withdrawl from UC Davis and pursue an education in makeup! I would like to learn how to do special effects in particular, with the hope that I would work on movies or television.

My family and my fiancé are supportive, but are unable to help me find a school to transfer to that offers a makeup program. I am located in California, so there’s an abundance of cosmetology schools; however they seemed kind of suspicious (typos on websites, lack of reviews, ambiguity about tuition/fees). Can anyone offer guidance on what kind of schools I should be looking for? Or specific schools that they’ve dealt with? I would love to hear some experiences and advice!

Thanks so much for reading! I am so excited, since I don’t know any better place than here to  share this news. :)

You may want to try looking into film schools, or other colleges/universities that offer courses in makeup for film and television.

Example: http://www.vfs.com/programs/makeup

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Chat About Life’ is closed to new topics and replies.