Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Reviews & Swatches Kat Von D for Sephora

This topic contains 17 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of smashinbeauty smashinbeauty 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Can we get a review on some of the products by Kat Von D at Sephora? I would like to see the foundation, the eyeliner kit, pigments, mascara, and shadows.

The only product I’ve tried is the eyeshadow palette.  I own the Sinner palette.  In my opinion, the texture and pigmentation is quite impressive. I find that I don’t have to re-dip my brush into the shadow as much to get good pigmentation.  The only downfall, at least for me, is that it does take mild patience to blend them out completely.  I’ve noticed that I reach for some of my MAC shadows or UD shadows to help blend out the Kat Von D colors I apply in the crease.  I hope this was helpful.

When I visited my sister, she had one of the eyeshadow palettes. They were pretty pigmented but I agree with Maggie now that I think about it, they were a little harder to blend.

I had been using the KVD mascara until recently and I really liked it – I actually liked it better than MAC.  The only reason I changed was because I wanted something different to switch things up. I would def use it again in the future.  :)

Does anyone know where I might find swatches/reviews of the new Kat Von D holiday line? Or would anyone be willing to post a review?

I so desperately want to see swatches but I live in Australia, and the prices we pay for shipping are crazy so I want to be sure of what I’m buying.

Please help! Thanks! :D

I swatched the foundation at a Sephora a few weeks ago; I’d say it’s pretty full coverage. I forgot to ask for a sample at checkout, though; otherwise I’d have tried it out properly. (I don’t live near enough to one to readily go back.)

Thanks! Did you try any of the new eyeshadows?

Or has anyone tried the new holiday palettes?

I was mainly interested in the foundation, so I didn’t swatch any of the eyeshadow palettes.

I have quit a few Kvd products and also did some reviews on them not sure if this is what your looking for but i will post the links anyways..

Kat von D saint palette

http://www.theartismakeup.nl/wordpress/?p=1398

Kat von D Candelabra palette

http://www.theartismakeup.nl/wordpress/?p=1545

Kat von D Poetica palette

http://www.theartismakeup.nl/wordpress/?p=1353

Kat von D Everlasting love lipstick

http://www.theartismakeup.nl/wordpress/?p=3424

so hopefully this is helpful for some of you :)

I tried Kat Von D’s lock it tattoo foundation. At first i was thrilled with it, but by the end of the day it like swifted in some places on my face and broke me out, so i had to take it back (now i’m in love with the Nars sheer glow foundation). So it’s not for everyone, but   if you want something seriously full coverage try a sample from Sephora :)

I have a few of her palettes, including Metal Orchestra and True Love. Be forewarned: all of her palettes (except for the tattoo chronicles books) come with a cream shadow that will dry out after a few weeks. The rest of the colors, though, are all nicely pigmented, smooth, and blendable. My only complaint is that there is a bit too much powdery fallout for shadows at this price point. Whenever I use any of her palettes, I keep a fan brush on hand to brush away any fallout and usually I have no problems. I do think that $34 is a bit steep for palettes that have fairly dupeable colors and some fallout, but they’re a good value when Sephora puts them on sale.

I have the foundation.  It is very full coverage.  To lighten it up a bit, I mix it with MUFE HD Elixir.  One pump of foundation with one drop of elixir is plenty for my entire face when applied with a moist sponge – eliminates the cakey look this foundation can have if applied full strength.  I probably won’t buy it again but if you have blemishes or roscea to cover, it would work for you.

Has anyone tried out any of the lipsticks? I’ve been curious to try them out, thanks in advance =x

I have been tossing up buying the saint/sinner set of lipsticks. I’m thinking that might just have to be my next payday splurge! I will let you know my thoughts :)

Awesome please do xD i’ve also been looking at those but i wont be spending cash on them for a while but still xD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Reviews & Swatches’ is closed to new topics and replies.