Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Makeup Geek Community Introduce Yourself!

This topic contains 337 replies, has 321 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SunshineSam SunshineSam218 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 338 total)
  • Author

Hi ALL,

I’m a new MUG! My name is Kiki i’m 34y/o in Illinois. I’ve been a follower for a couple of weeks, and finally had the time to get signed up. I love the site! I have my own cosmetics line which I started about a year ago, I have a boutique and will soon be a licensed makeup artist. I am just here to network with others in the industry that can help cultivate my business and craft. I look forward to getting to know you all much better.

Thanks,
    Kiki

http://www.vanitystore.biz

Hye, my name is Cristina and I’m from Romania. I have 21 years old, not married and i don’t have childrens.Since I was a little girl I had a passion about fashion and makeup. I have tried difrent type of makeup styles and cloths….but don’t think I was good. Last 3-4 years I’ve started to watched tutorials and read articles about makeup, because i wanned to learn new tips and styles of makeup and to see whats right or not.

So in the end I’m glad that i have found this website….is very helpfully.

Hey, lovely ladies!
    My name is Meghan and I currently live in southwestern Ontario, Canada where I study anthropology and work part-time as a bartender… I’m so glad I found this site a year ago, it’s really helped me embrace my love of makeup, since I don’t have any girlfriends that are obsessed like me! I was so happy to find the online beauty community to share my passion with, and also to learn so much from! Besides makeup, I love reading, writing, traveling (though I haven’t been able to do as much as I’d like lately)… I’m looking forward to finishing university this spring and pursuing a career (hopefully) in the not-for-profit sector, and eventually freelance makeup artistry on the side!

Profile photo of Sam
    Sam

Hi everyone, just thought I’d say a quick hello!

My name is Sam. I’m 20 years old and from the UK.
    I have bright red hair with a slice of orange in, and I enjoy having my makeup bright, colourful and fun.
    I’m currently in my second year of university studying Graphic Design, and I craft in my spare time (jewellery making, sewing, knitting etc) I’m a mummy to 2 guinea pigs and I love to have fun!!
    I enjoy reading, and always up for a good chat about a book. I play Xbox and like making new friends.

I believe that makeup can bring out the beauty in everyone, and I use bold statement eyes to express myself.
    I have a blog http://rainbowstarsxxo.blogspot.com, so please check that out!

Just a little about me!
    Can’t wait to get chatting on the forums.

Sam xx

Hi all! I am a newbie here and just wanted to jump right in.
    I entered the Blue Silver and White challenge.
    My name is Arielle and I am almost 30! EEK!
    I am a stay home mom to 2 boys ages 5 and almost 9.
    I am a nail polish addict and am getting into all the make up too.
    I scrapbook and make beaded jewelry too.
    I live in Missouri in the USA.
    I have a blog http://soccermom5982.blogspot.com
    I do a bunch of nail stuff and scrapbooking/cardmaking on there.

Can’t wait to make some new friends here!
    ~Arielle

Hello!

My name is Candice, i’m 25 years young. I have 3 beautiful babies and a gorgeous husband. I grew up tomboyishly meanning zero makeup, nothing feminine with regards to clothing and hair. I’ve been working on my wardrobe but still have a hard time finding flattering clothes. I’m nearly 200 pounds :( and have been struggling with weight since the kids. It’s a new year and a new me is in order. I have a goal in mind and thats to look and feel beautiful. I have been browsing youtube for tutorials and Marlena is just the sweetest thing, not to mention real. Compared to other “guru’s” Marlena I feel is on my level.

So, that in mind, it will take some time, but I want to lose at least 50 pounds this year, learn how to beautify myself and feel the best that I can. I’m a beginner when it comes to make up – I know little to none when it comes to application but the tutorials are great! Wish me luck!

Welcome Ladies! :-)

Hi, I’m MissB, 26, Florida, wife and new mommy to an awesome little boy. I haven’t been on MUG in over a year but was on here for a few years previously, so I don’t know when the changes took place but I’m thinking it was recently judging by the few posts here. :)

Hi everyone,

My name is Katya, i’m 23yrs old and from Australia!
    I’ve never been on a forum before but stumbled across Marlena’s awesome website and thought it would be a great way to learn more about make-up.

I love Marlena’s looks!I recently tried the Arabic eyes which turned out amazing (not as good as hers though lol) , i have quite small eyes and it really made them stand out. I did struggle a bit applying the liquid eye liner, If anyone has any tips i’d love to hear them!

Look forward getting to know everyone :)

Hallo. My name is Inigo Montoya…

Seriously, I’m Zorba, “The Veiled Male”; male Belly Dancer. I found out about MUG from one of my dance sisters who gave our troupe a makeup workshop. She gave each of us a MUG video as “homework” – she selected each as appropriate for our eye/face structure. Mine’s “Sexy and Dramatic Bombshell Look”! :lol:

In any event, I’m a pretty much “clueless male” when it comes to things about makeup – I’ve been winging it for *years*. Hope to learn useful tips/techniques to better build my on-stage persona!

Hi, I’m Christy from Texas. I’ve been 29 for a few years now, and I’ve always been in love with makeup. I went through a period of buying all cheap, junkie makeup for a couple of years right after my daughter was born. I got back on track with better stuff. My daughter is always trying to steal my makeup, even though she’s only 4!

Christy

Hey everyone, I’ve been a MUG for a few years now and my user name was jacintamflynn but I can’t seem to log in using that name any more! I haven’t posted much in the last couple of years but am hoping to get back into it soon! I’m 31 and live in ireland, mammy to 2 great little boys who I love to pieces!

Hello from Denver! My name is Carina, but riotkitty has been my handle on various other boards for at least 15 years now. I’ve been a makeup junkie for sometime and always love learning about new products and techniques. While I love colorful eye looks, I’m trying to learn more about how to use neutrals and muted colors as I think I’ve gotten to the point where I find them more flattering to my overall look. For lips, I’m kind of going the opposite, I’m experimenting with darker and brighter shades on the lips.

Profile photo of Odette
    Odette

Hi everyone & welcome to the new forum! I first became a fan of Marlena’s back in 2008 when I first began getting into watching You Tube videos – since then I have become a moderator on the forum and really enjoy ‘hanging out’ in the MUG community.

It’s great to see some familiar faces and some new ones too. @Zorba, love the Princess Bride reference – it’s one of my all time favorite movies :)

Hi everyone! My name is Keri, i’m from Melbourne Australia. I just recently found this forum but didn’t register til now. Finding this forum really useful!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 338 total)

The forum ‘Makeup Geek Community’ is closed to new topics and replies.