Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Makeup Geek Community Introduce Yourself!

This topic contains 337 replies, has 321 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SunshineSam SunshineSam218 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 338 total)
  • Author

Welcome to all the new MUG’s!
    Feel free to tell us more about you in this thread, and tell us how you became a makeup geek! :)

So I’ll go first, haha :)

I’m Mariella, I’m 34 and I’m from Belgium.

I found MUG way back at the beginning, in the Spring of 2008. Before that I had always liked makeup but didn’t really know how to use it the best way, so finding Marlena on YouTube was kind of a revelation! I had never seen a blending brush before coming on here :-)

The rest is history, I have a makeup collection the size of a baby elephant, and I’ve been a Moderator on here for about 3 years :)

Profile photo of Aro
    Aro

Kia Ora. I’m Aro, 30yo from Aotearoa, New Zealand. I have two bubbies, a 9yo daughter and a 6yo son, plus a larger *cough* slightly smarter *cough* man bubbie. I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Dissociative Identity Disorder, and I like cake. In my spare time, of which I have a considerable amount as I have chronic insomnia, I like to read, even though I’m dyslexic, and play online games. I’m passionate about web design and development, I like to fool around with photo manip and vector art, and enjoy a nice cup of tea.

I was a YouTube fan and regular reader of MUG for quite some time before finally joining the old forum late November 2009. I became a moderator mid April 2011, and enjoy smashing spammers with my ban hammer of doom. I knew quite a bit about how to apply makeup before joining, but being a member has really opened up a whole new world for me. I’ve learnt so much about products and brands, as well as different techniques and tricks.

What I love most about makeup is that it’s essentially a temporary masterpiece dusted across skin, an outlet for creativity and a way to express something that would otherwise go unseen and unrealized. What I love most about this community is the fact that those who come here do so to share that beauty and passion with others, and in doing so end up encouraging and nurturing something altogether far more significant.

Greetings all!

My name’s Emily, I’m 26, and I live in Ottawa, Canada. I posted a few times to the last message board, never anything really heavy though – I’m a journalism student and most times when I visit this site, it’s to find advice on how to improve my rudimentary makeup routine in hopes that it will make me look hip in my new quest to find a job with my new degree when I’m finished in a couple of years.

I won’t lie, I’m a tomboy, through and though. It was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles all the way with me in my early years, I did not own a skirt or a dress for over 10 years, and as a teenager I played bass guitar in the school band. I didn’t start pick up on the makeup thing until I hit adulthood. Even now that I love exploring it it as a way to express my love for pop culture, rock music, and to a small degree, fine art, and incorporating my inner chick into my day-to-day style, there’s nothing I love more than hanging out with my friends, playing board games and watching hockey. Now, if they would only recognize that I wear the mascara and eye shadow so they could see my eyes when I’m batting them in their direction, that would just make my life so much easier. :P

It’s a new outlet for my creativity, I’m still learning. I’ll come back when I can. :)

Please to meet you all.

Oh wow! The forums are all different >.< Haha now I feel like a new muggie all over again. I have created a new account, most of you know me as Girtastic but I have now changed that to Unique Desire :D Ya'know to go along with my blog name.

Ummm, okay I have been a muggie for the past three years and this website is what promoted me to start a blog, and then a Facebook, YouTube, twitter so on and so forth. I am sooooo grateful for the site, for without it I would have never discovered my passion for makeup and beauty! I have learned so much from this site and am in deed indebted forever in Marlena's Hands( I ? you Marlena!!).

So if you remember me, say hi! And even if you don't, say hi! I love meeting new beauty enthusiasts!

http://www.unique-desire.com

I am Makeupbydee, But my nickname is DJ. I am 20 Years old, Married, With a sweet little boy!
    I currently live in Germany, But My hometown, Is Michigan, USA. I will be moving back in a couple of years.
    I am a Licensed Cosmetologist/ Makeup Artist in the state of MI, and a Certified Medical Assistant. Oh, And a full time mommy. :P I have been a MakeupGeek, For all my life, but recently joined this forum, about 6-7 months ago. I LOVE IT.

Thanks Marlena and the team for creating a place, where people can share their beauty, their work, and their findings, and learn from it all.

Hola! I guess I get to be the baby of the site. My name is Megan and I reside in that lovely age of 15. To be honest, I’m quite a tomboy. Always have been, always will be. I despise dresses, skirts, and shoes with heels. I would much rather spend my time in warm-ups and soccer cleats. Either way, I still have to go to that dreadful place known as high school. And if I don’t do something to my face, I appear as if I had just risen from the dead (Perhaps an effect of getting up at 5:00am everyday?). This site is so so so so so helpful to me! I look like a girl every once and a while!

Hello there!! My Name is Crystal, I am 27 yrs old and I am from Colorado. I am a full time medical student at a community college. I have always loved using fun colors in my make up, Although I usually only do my eyes and sometimes my lips. I have to admit I’m not very good at mascara….I have really long eyelashes. I am also an artist so doing different makeup looks is really fun for me. I have created several mask looks for halloween this year that are on my facebook page. I have always admired Marlena with all her YouTube videos. She inspired me to show off my make up looks, so here I am! I hope to see and learn new things about make up tips and tricks. :-)

Hey everyone! I’m from the US, currently studying finance and actuarial sciences. I love makeup and all things girly :) I hope you’ll all go check out my blog and twitter, and even follow if you like it! :) I’ll follow back :)
    http://www.soupforthegirlysoul.blogspot.com
    http://www.twitter.com/itsagirlsblog

I’m Daniëlle aka Daantje (thats short for Danielle in Dutch), i’m almost 24 years old, a muggie since 2008 if i’m not mistaken. I work as an occupational therapist so i’m in healthcare, live together with my boyfriend and love a lot of girly things and music!

Hey! I’m Mor, I’m 25 years old from Israel. Currently I am working from home in technical support. I’ve been a muggie since late 2009, but never wrote or uploaded anything until yesterday.
    I live with my boyfriend for the last two and a half year – we’re addicted to watching tv series (starting from House MD, breaking bad, the walking dead, etc…).
    I love makeup and I am a total addict. My boyfriend, or any one of my friends cannot understand why I purchase so many products and willing to spend so much money on makeup. This website is one of the best things I found online – I have learned so much from Marlena and all of you guys! so thank you!!!

I’m late.

My name is Sheilicia, I’ve been here for a few months I guess. I’m from North Carolina, I’m 23 years old. I’m a cosmetologist, but I mostly do nails. I love makeup, it is its own class of art medium. I love to watch t.v. :p I like horror movies or anything gory. I love the color pink. I love kitties. I love movies.
    I’m a bit blunt, some don’t see that as a good thing, but I like it. I think I would die without red lipstick.
    And that’s all I can think of right now so I’ll stop rambling. Nice to meet you all!

Hi

I’m Denisse, I’m 28 and I’m from Ensenada, Mexico

I love makeup since i was a little girl, and I found MUG on YT like 2 years ago. I`m not a makeup artist, but I just Love Make up =D

Hello!

I’m Michelle, Venezuelan, living in Utah, USA. I didn’t realize I had an obsession with makeup until I noticed I couldn’t leave any drugstore, grocery store, discount store, or ANY kind of store without looking through the makeup isle. Even if I went there to get a gallon of milk or something unrelated. I still have that problem and am lucky enough to have a husband who is so supportive of my addiction, and patiently waits for me while I look through the makeup section. It’s also wonderful because he doesn’t get annoyed with my constant frivolous makeup purchases, he’s supportive of that too :)

I’ve never been to any kind of school for makeup artistry, I have just read MANY books and watched a LOT of youtube videos (as I’m sure you all have.)

Thank you Marlena and MUG staff for this wonderful website and the awesome contests that keep me playing with new ideas and colors. They keep me out of a makeup rut! :-P

Profile photo of Liv
    Liv

Hi everyone!

My name is Liv and I’m 22 from New York City.
    I wasn’t really into make up until about a year or so ago and ever since then I’ve just been obsessed. Mainly with just eye make up, but I’m slowly broadening my horizons!

I just recently started up a youtube page after my friends and co-workers kept asking me to so if you’d like to check that out it’s over at http://www.youtube.com/user/LivClassy

I look forward to speaking with all of you =]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 338 total)

The forum ‘Makeup Geek Community’ is closed to new topics and replies.