Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Health & Beauty How to lighten dark spots?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of uzma uzma 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

More recently I have been getting dark spots on my cheeks and chin from pimples. I don’t pick at them, and after they’ve gone away I’m left with a dark spot! What product can I use to get rid of them?

Hopefully this Helps! :)

I use the same trick for darks pots and tan lines. The time you leave the cream on will determine how light the area will become. Plus this is natural and wont harm your precious skin!

So mix equal parts lemon juice and egg whites until frothy. Then heat a small pan and pour the lemony-egg white mixture into the pan and cook it until its half solid half liquid. Basically so its like thick cream. Then let the mixture cool in the fridge so its a comfortable temp to put on the face. You should wait at least 15 minutes before washing this stuff off.

Thiss really helps me and i hope it helps you!!
    Save the yellow to make a moisturizing face mask after ;)

Thanks Ashley..
    I’ve watched a couple of videos on youtube of how to get rid of them, I tried one method I liked where you squeeze lemon juice on a cotton ball, and leave it on the dark spot for about 10 min. I think they said to do it every night until it fades? Here’s the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXndqMzqbhE&list=PL373C554B9C4A5E81&index=17&feature=plpp_video

All in all, I’ve just ignored them, and use a concealer, and then foundation. Ah ha- You cant see it. :P
    I may forfit, and buy Proactive’s dark spot concealer..

Thanks Ashley! I’ll have to give this a try :)

I had really bad dark spots but I started to use the clinique even better clinical dark spot corrector and it has really gotten rid of it. I use a pump of it morning and night before moisturiser and its really made a difference. It also makes your skin feel like velvet :) xxx

Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum!!!  1000000% works.  I have Melasma, hyper-pigmentation: large dark spots on my face due to hormone changes and sun exposure.  Across my cheeks and upper lip mainly.  It happened over a 2 day period and I was shocked to say the least.  After some research I went to Sephora and spoke with a true angel and she recommended Murad.  With in the 1st week I saw major changes!  I am french/hispanic so I have an olive skin tone and I normally tan very well.  Well, for some reason the stars and planets aligned just right and Melasma hit me.  I should have taken pictures but it took me two weeks to finally get to the mall. I’ve been using it now for almost 3 weeks and it’s amazing the difference!!! It’s $60 at Sephora and its worth every penny!!!  Good luck!

I like the RoC Retinol night cream.  I have terrible hyperpigmentation from being on birth control pills for so many years.  Even after I went off the pill, my skin didn’t lighten up till I started using RoC.  I can definitely see where my skin is finally going back to it’s normal skin tone.

This one is REALLY easy! The BEST way to lighten dark spots is the Natural method. I have two perfect tried- and -tested  homemade treatments for you.

one is a facial routine that works like a miracle:

http://haseena-k.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-to-become-fair-glowing-naturally.html

The other is a south asian drink that is infact the perfect Magic Potion for spotless skin:

http://haseena-k.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-to-be-fair-and-glowing-foods-you.html

I am a microbiologist by profession so you can follow this advice with full confidence. Contact me for any further help.

Anonymous

Use natural product to lighten your  age spot

Drink at least 12 glasses of water daily, Apply a mixture of turmeric powder and pineapple juice on dark circles,
    Apply cold cream 15 minutes before going to bed, Sleep for at least 8 hours in a day…

http://bfit4life.ie/

Retin-A works wonders but it will take some time. I’m still in the process of fading mine but it has helped me so much over the last 6 months. You have to get a Rx from your doctor for it. It also helps with acne and wrinkles (or prevention of wrinkles).

Some tips to lighten dark spots.

Take some oatmeal along with curd and tomato juice. Apply this mixture on the face and keep it for about 20 minutes. Wash your face with cold water.

·         Potato acts as a very good bleaching agent. Slice a potato and keep them over the face. This would lighten the marks.

·         Take a little turmeric powder and add a few drops of lime juice. Apply this on the darkened area. This would help to reduce tan effectively.

·         Dry some orange peels. Then, mix them to a bowl of curd. This would be beneficial in removing tan. Keep this for about 15 minutes and wash off with cold water.

Be sure that you do not lack in vitamin content and drink enough water and you may also use vitamin K enriched creams.

1)Raw potato’s helps in fading dark spots.

2) Before bed, apply a dark spot corrector as this is prime time for skin cell regeneration, allowing the products to work better.

3) Massage Vitamin E oil on the spotted area to get rid of brown spots on face .

4) Rub inside of banana peel over the spots to get rid of dark spots on face.

Apply some tomato crush on your face this is a perfect toner to tone your skin. Take equal quantity of glycerin, rose water and some drops of lemon juice this will also helps to reduce dark spots from your skin as well as it will nourish your skin too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Health & Beauty’ is closed to new topics and replies.