Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Tutorial Requests How To Accurately Choose a Foundation…….

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Shelly shellygrrl 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I find it a bit difficult to find a foundation that suits me. Ive done the hold the bottle up to your hand, face and even heard hold it to your chest. Its hard to find a foundation that fits well in a light that does a good job of masking what the color truely is. I know I (and others) have “found” a color that “fits” and get it home and get in true light and find it doesnt match. Makeup is quiet an investment reguardless of the price. So what would be your advice on how to get the PERFECT or close to perfect match. I have 3 or 4 bottles that I have bought and thought they mach well but turns out they dont :/. HELP!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

p.s. Most stores require that you buy something of theirs before they color match you. I cant afford that (they do that in the mall in my home town).

It’s even worse when you don’t live near a Sephora/Ulta/MAC/department store and can only rely on online swatches because you can’t get samples to test for yourself, and you can’t go to said stores or a counter to swatch them for yourself. (And, of course, drugstores and the like don’t always offer samples.) There are only a handful of companies that sell foundation samples online, too (Sleek, Face Atelier, Coastal Scents, indie sellers on Etsy). Free foundation samples on retail websites are rare. :(

If you have a foundation that you know already suits your skin tone you can find similar colors on the Temptalia Foundation Matrix. I’m not sure how accurate it is, so maybe just use it as a guide to narrow down which ones will suit your skin tone.

The Foundation Matrix isn’t bad, but IMO, it’s not 100% accurate.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Tutorial Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.