Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Health & Beauty How do you get rid of under eye wrinkles?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nadeen sarmiento nadeen sarmiento 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

I am only 32 years old and have wrinkles under my eyes. I have tried almost everything and none seem to work. Would love to get advice on great products or remedies. Thanks all.

I know I preach this on just about every topic, but it is literally the best multi use product I have ever invested ten hard earned dollars in. If it can fade stretch marks (among other things) it can work for wrinkles. I HAD a few, and now they are less harsh.

http://jennamarblesblog.com/this.html

I don’t really believe in anything workoing on wrinkles, unless they’re coming from dehydration/dryness (I have had that issue too) in which case good moisture will help.

The oil recommended by @HoneyJ can’t hurt, I would use that at night and for the day, invest in an eye cream that has SPF in it, as protecting the skin from the sun is the best thing you can do for it on the long term! If the wrinles are an issue with makeup you can soothe the area using a silicone based face primer, Marlena uses the palladio one on herself (it’s in the store)

Profile photo of Odette
    Odette

I love this question. My best answer would be: locate fountain of youth & stop aging forever ;)

Seriously though – best advice is to use sunscreen everyday (if only we had started when we were 12).  As Mariella said – a good moisturizer can really improve the ‘look’ of wrinkles, but only if your eye area is lacking in moisture. One that really helped me is this: http://www.shiseido.com/bio-performance-super-eye-contour-cream/0729238112971,default,pd.html&cgid=skincare-eye-lip#!i%3D3

If you really want to spend some money – botox fillers etc are more realistic long-term solutions ;)

Profile photo of Aro
    Aro

I agree, it’s important to wear a broad spectrum sunscreen, and to remember to reapply.

However, I have to admit that while I’m still sceptical I have had results with snail serums/creams. I use to have lines between my brows from squinting. I’ve had them since my mid teens, probably earlier. I squint a lot. But since the snail serum, they vanished.

Has anyone ever heard of Eye Slices?  I’ve heard they are wonderful.  Don’t know if they’re available in Canada though…

rosehip oil works miracles…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

First thing you will need to understand is why do they show up in the first place. They show up due to poor diet habits and fatigue and eventually a sign that your body it finding it tough to keep up with the lifestyle you are trying to follow. Dark circles are actually warning signs to make necessary changes in your lifestyle. In today’s lifestyle, life is just something you keep running for and seems like there isn’t enough time to keep pace with it, I am not going to discuss all the hectic life of ours, not to mention the lackluster choices of food with a very chaotic schedule.
    Home Remedies for Dark Circles

Since dark circles appear because of due to stress, fatigue, poor diet and excessive pressure on the eyes and certain deficiency, first thing we need is to change these issues at hand. Just be ready to change few things from your lifestyle.
    Home Remedies for Dark Circles: Reduce Stress
    =

Stress is the biggest factor of our generation, and eventually wears a body down over time, even if it is mild. The cumulative effects of the stress are everywhere, even in our personal lives, work place. Signs are everywhere, cranky people, wrinkles, dark circles, and whole lot more. First thing I would suggest is to find the ways to if not get rid of it, minimize it. Some of us have stopped paying attention to it, but to counter them you need to determine the source. Here are few things to help you distress.
    Exercise: Make exercise a part of your life and you will release the stress faster than any other method. Yoga: Yoga incorporates movement with breath, and in this you become aware of your body and where you hold tension and stress.

Meditation: Give a Try to meditation and stress will melt away from you and with that so will the dark circles.
    Home Remedies for Dark Circles:
    Get Better Sleep: everyone knows the feeling of waking up after a restless night’s sleep and looking in the mirror to find two huge bags under your eyes.
    Create a Bedtime Ritual: Create a special routine that you follow each night before bed, which might include hot tea or a warm bath.
    Read Fiction: If you like reading, then this will work to put you to sleep. Make sure that you do not read non-fiction as this will get the mind working and make it harder to sleep
    Home Remedies for Dark Circles: Eat Better
    Remove Processed Foods: These types of foods are terrible on the body and should be cut out immediately. Some of these include soft drinks, processed sugar, chips, junk food, sweets, and a whole lot more.
    Eat Natural Foods: Start eating fresh foods from mother earth, as they are what a body needs to thrive. Some great things to add into your diet are smoothies with fresh fruit maybe even some kale or spinach in there for your greens.
    Do Not Eat Right Before Bed: You can snack before bed, but do not eat a huge meal. This will affect your sleep and as discussed earlier, fatigue is a huge cause of dark circles.

http://www.dermatalk.com/showthread.php?t=3387&highlight=wrinkle

Eyes are very sensitive part of our body therefore its protection is also crucial. Perricone MD skincare is best to get rid of under eye wrinkles. It reduces lines and discoloration. Try it I hope it will prove best for you.

I likewise am plagued by dark circles that never seem to go away. I’ve found the product Revitol eye cream, it has helped a lot. It doesn’t cure the problem, but it does help diminish it. .it took time 2 months… now no one can believe i had dark circles..skin is glowing and dark circle free…

Hello,

Here useful tips for wrinkle.
    Eating healthy is important not only for your body but your eye wrinkles.
    Wear Sunglasses.
    Take the fresh gel of Aloe Vera and apply it gently to the wrinkles.
    Take a raw potato and cut it into pieces.
    Take a fresh cucumber and slice it in wrinkles.
    You can follow any one of these natural remedies to remove wrinkles easily.

As wired and crazy it sounds good old Vasaline and alternate with Burt’s Bees under eye cream. That works for me. I just know keeping hydrated and well rested helps, however you can try different under year creams but for sure Vasaline has worked wonders on more Me personally. Try to avoid caffeine as much as possible too.

Natural tips to get rid of under eye wrinkles.

·         Lemon Juice: Massage lemon juice all over your skin to help get rid of wrinkles. The juice works as a deep cleansing agent and astringent and may help keep the skin clean and taut.

·         Cabbage Juice: An ancient home remedy for the removal of wrinkles, cabbage juice should be massaged over the facial skin and left to dry. After the juice dries, rinse it off with warm water. Cabbage juice is believed to help tighten up facial muscles.

·         Rose Water: Another anti-aging treatment is the application of a face pack made up of rose water, honey and turmeric. Use this mixture to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin and prevent wrinkles.

Try this RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream its an amazing product for aging, wrinkles, acne too.

Don’t get me wrong but at the age of 32 I assume that you won’t find any miracle products. Those wrinkles might be caused by the age and not skin dryness so it is late to get rid of them. You should prevent wrinkles and not to wait until  you’ll have first ones. I guess you can get rid of them with more radical methods then just skincare, like botox or anything like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

The forum ‘Health & Beauty’ is closed to new topics and replies.