Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Makeup Advice How do you apply BB cream?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Jackie Jackie 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone! I am new to this site – I’ve watched many of Marlena’s video and it is so interesting!

But everything is so different from what I’ve seen and tried, since I’m from South Korea.

Every makeup techniques are so different and now I am very confused.

About BB creams, I think Marlena never mentioned these so I thought they are considered to be not so good in Western countries,

But I searched some forum articles about BB creams and found out that you guys do have good reviews on them.

If you guys find it great as well, why Marlena never mentions anything about it? hmm…

Also, I usually apply BB creams with my hand but would it be better if I use foundation brushes instead?

I have very oily skin so I always set it with quite heavy amount of loose powders.

But when I see others do, mostly they do not apply any powder on it and I heard that is how it should be.

So is it wrong to apply powder on the BB cream?

Since foundations seems to be more popular in western culture, I’ve tried some of it.

I tried 3 different brands and I feel all of those are not very good generally because it feels very heavy on my skin.

Although all the foundations I tried are from budget brand so I never tried anything high end.

But are these foundations generally very heavy?

I attach some Korean make up channel URL, because I want to show you guys how things are so much different over here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jungsaemmool

The whole make up process is quite different…

So as an Asian myself, should I rather watch these Asian makeup channels instead?

Would western makeup channels don’t really apply for my face figure?

I am rambling on and on… A lot of questions… I am very sorry… I hope this is right forum for this questions…

I enjoyed the video.

I apply my bb cream with my fingers.  I find that my warm fingers blend it into my skin better.  But it’s just a personal preference.  Sometimes I set it with a loose powder.  It just depends on my mood.  I believe that whatever works best for you is the right way.

(-:

Wow, the make-up technique is very different, i never would have imagined! I watched three videos on this channel and first of all everything seems so much lighter – the way she holds brushes, the touch, the make-up its self. Is make-up in South Koreea usually this discreet? In the video “Flowers and Chocolate – Theme Makeup for Valentine’s Day”, it doesn’t really seem like she’s puting any make-up at all on the model’s eyes. Not by Western standards anyway. This would qualifiy as a “no-makeup makeup” for us. Also, the makeup artist is so delicate – i’ve never seen anyone use a cotton bud like that, holding it under the pencil or the brush, why does she do it? Or holding the end of the brush above the eyelashes while applying mascara – is it to make lashes curl more or prevent mascara from smudging?

Anyway, i find theese diffrences very interresting, maby you could tell us more about the cultural differences in makeup, techniques that are diffrent in Asia and so on.

About BB creams, as far as i know this was at the begining an asian product. European producers have only begun making BB creams in the past year or two (I am from Europe and I personally heard of them last year, perhaps it’s the same in the US). People say asian BB creams are different from Eurpean ones, they are really more of a balm that evens out skin tone (as the name says – Blemish Balm) than a cream. I think the texture in thicker. The BB creams i’ve used were more like sheer tinted moisturisers than anything else, but i still like them quite a lot. And i too like to put a light layer of powder over them.

About foundations, not all of them are heavy – some of them are really really light, it really depends on the product. I think this is a big difference between BB creams and foundations – you can get foundation in a wide variety of textures and coverages where as the BB creams available in Europe are usually quite light and creamy.

Hope this helps.

Apply BB cream with your finger and have a heavenly feeling.

> Maria Bercea

Hi :) Thanks for your comment!

Yes, make-up is usually this discreet in Asia – except for Japanese Gyaru make-up.

On that Valentine theme video, she does put very little eye shadows, and it’s neutral tone.

When I watch Marlena’s video, she plays with many colors on eyes and it is very delightful and I definitely want to try.

But at the same time, it looks thick and heavy as well…

- I’ve never seen anyone use a cotton bud like that, holding it under the pencil or the brush, why does she do it? Or holding the end of the brush above the eyelashes while applying mascara – is it to make lashes curl more or prevent mascara from smudging?

Cotton buds when she apply upper waterline, is just to open her eyes a bit more so that she can easily put eyeliners. She is probably using it instead of hand. And about the mascara, it is also to open up the eyes, and prevent smudging on to eyelid.

Although on this video, she just uses her hand for both occasion.

Or holding the end of the brush above the eyelashes while applying mascara – is it to make lashes curl more or prevent mascara from smudging?

To prevent mascara from smudging.

Hate BB creams, made my face breakout, heavy and hard to work with. I put it on like a face lotion then applied powder on my shiny areas. Broke out afterward, tried BB creams x 2.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Makeup Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.