Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Health & Beauty How Do I Get Softer, Smoother Lips?

This topic contains 36 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Makeup ByMerry Makeup ByMerry 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

I need help ladies!

I love do dress up my lips, but unless I wear a thick lipstick, they look rough and dry. How do I exfoliate without damaging my lips?

Use a sugar scrub, or go over them gently with a toothbrush. Then moisturize with a lip balm. (Even some Vaseline will work.)

this sounds weird, but it works. I put a small amount of baking soda and mix it with about 2 tsp of honey. Mix it and apply to lips. The baking soda is a natural exfoliant and honey softens lips. Warning: it tastes horrible but after rubbing it on my lips and waiting 10 minutes, I rinse it f with a tootbrush and then apply almond oil, pat then use lip balm.

it sounds like a lot, but i find that it helps me. Hope tha helps!

Do a sugar scrub on your lips and then follow it up with Lucas Paw Paw ointment (or whatever lip balm you prefer). Each night after I cleanse etc, I apply Lucas Paw Paw ointment to my lips and go to bed with it on.

Does anyone have a favorite sugar scrub ‘recipe’?

vaseline and sugar

im in love with Vaseline <3 i like to put the Vaseline on a spare toothbrush and just scrub and exfoliate

exfoliate! and before putting on any lip product go over your lips with a q-tip to take off any extra product that may be on there.

also, jack black lip balm from Sephora is the BEST i have ever used. i only use aquaphor or vaseline at night. i read that those two products don’t really help heal dry or cracked lips.

my sugar scrub recipe: brown sugar, extra virgin olive oil, vitamin E oil, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. good for face, lips, body, feet, hands EVERYTHING. and it tastes good. if you use it on your lips massage in for 30 seconds and then tissue off and lick off what you can’t get with the tissue. for face/body use in the shower and rinse off with water and some nice soap like dove beauty bar.

i have dryish skin and dry lips so i hope this helps :]

Drink lots of water for your lips to be hydrated.

I also suggest increasing your water intake. You can do all the exfoliating in the world, but if you aren’t hydrating yourselfproperly , your lips may still feel and look chapped and/or dry.

Aro

Drinking water does not have any significant impact the hydration of your skin, unless you happen to be severely dehydrated.

I usually go over my lips with a wet toothbrush or wet towel. Do it each time after cleaning your teeth or washing your face, not on dry lips. And I always use my Neutrogena Intense Repair Lip Balm, it really helps my lips to stay soft and moisturized.

Aro I disagree drinking enough water does most of the job for wrinkles, hair, hydrated skin and lips, and general health!

Put a generous amount of lip balm on your lips before you go to bed, then gently go over your lips with a tooth brush in the morning and your lips will be incredibly soft and smooth :) xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

The forum ‘Health & Beauty’ is closed to new topics and replies.