Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Makeup Chat Gel Liner suggestions

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Carolina Lopez LeQueen 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I am looking for something which stays long on my waterline and without spreading. I read somewhere that gel liner works well for it. Today I bought:

Maybelline – Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (Black & Egg plant color for $7.5 each)

Smashbox – Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner  (Navy Blue for $22 but with discount was $18 foe me)

Has anyone used any of these and tell me whether they are good and worth? Any suggestions?

I use Urban Decay 24/7 and then I go over it with the same color eye shadow…let me know if the gels work better…I have been wanting to try them…just because price!

Inglot. Less expensive than Smashbox, slightly more than Maybelline. (I think it’s around $10?) Dryer formula, and from what I can tell, works very well in the waterline.

MAC’s blacktrack fluidline and L’Oreal Paris HIP cream liner both work really well for me.

I tried Maybelline, it worked well on the upper lid but it didn’t work for me in waterline. It starting melting in the corner of my eye and by end of the day it was all under my eye.  So I am going to return that one for sure.  I had bought two colors, so I might return one and keep the black one for upper lid since it comes with a brush.

I have tried Smashbox once and I am not sure about it yet. First time I applied it, it was ok (not great). I think i’ll give it one more try before I decide on it.

@shellygrrl – Where do i buy inglot and which one? I checked Ulta and Sephora and they do not carry it.  I checked Inglot’s website and it seems they do not have a store in USA yet.

@amoxirat – did you mean  L’Oreal HIP chrome liner ? the one below?

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod1810177#sku2205795

I know it is very cheap but E.L.F. cream eyeliner is great! I have 2 of them! I even like to use NYX jumbo eye pencils sometimes. Hope this helps. :)

Also a good way to ensure the liner is to put a translucent powder of it and/or the same color eyeshadow.

http://www.inglotusa.com/

this is the inglot USA store. and if you’re having problems picking something out you can call the customer service number and last time they were super helpful!

sonia kashuk works for me… also, loreal hip cream liners (but i think those are discontinued. can’t find them in any store.)… elf gel liner… and loreal lacquer liner… good luck :)

Oh no!  The L’Oreal HIP liners have been discontinued?  :(

I’ve been putting on lipliners for quite a while now, but in bugs me that i have to redo every single day! I read this article about permanent make up, did some of you try that? What are your experiences?

I just got Studio Gear gel/cream eyeliner this weekend and absolutely love it. It stayed on all night and it didn’t smudge at all. Got it at Ulta but they have a website here too: studiogearcosmetics.com.

Has anyone ever tried anything else from them? Seems like the quality is great

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Makeup Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.