Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Makeup Advice eyeshadow won't stick to my scar above my eyelid :(

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of amoxirat amoxirat 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

I have a scar in my outer crease area above my eyelid that was caused by Chicken Pox when I was a kid.  It drives me nuts because for years I thought I wasn’t blending out my crease color correctly.  My eye makeup always looked uneven.  I have finally realized that the real problem is that my eyeshadows will not adhere to the scarred skin.  I’ve used Urban Decay Primer Potion under the eyeshadow, and concealer and nothing works.  The primer potion did an okay-ish job, but as soon as I try to blend any harsh lines, the primer basically rubs off completely taking the eyeshadow with it and I end up with what looks like a bite taken out of my crease color.  :(  Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the eyeshadow to stay put on scar tissue?

Have you tried using a pot concealer on your crease?

I’ve been using Clinique’s Even Better Concealer (http://www.clinique.com/product/1596/21969/Makeup/Concealers/Even-Better-Concealer/index.tmpl) to conceal blemishes and to hold on to my eyeshadow to prevent specks from falling underneath my eye.

It does a pretty good job gripping the eyeshadow to my eyelid. If you do buy this concealer, I’d suggest having a nice, moisturized face before you put any on  - it can easily look cakey.

:/  I wish I could help.  I would try different different primers- and being super patient when blending in that area.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Makeup Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.