Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Reviews & Swatches DermaBlend face products? (and my review!)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Adriana Adriana 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if people use DermaBlend products anymore?

I was looking for some ‘medicinal makeup’ to wear to cover my mild rosacea. My rosacea on my cheeks and nose is mild and luckily only reacts to alcohol and spicy foods – but skin products aren’t doing any damage. (So i am using as gentle and natural skin care as possible to hold off future damage!)

I started to wear Maybelline’s fit me concealer after reading Marlena’s positive review about it and i did enjoy it’s wear too. Somehow i came across DermaBlend online and got a pot to try at home  - I got the stick concealer and also the pot of Cover Creme. I was interested in the fact it is supposed to be lightweight and heavily pigmented.

It is incredibly heavily pigmented and a little goes a really long way. You could make the mistake of putting on too much and then run the risk of looking like a wax model, as I did when the first little scapings that I colour-blended turned out to be waaay too much and I was left laughing as I smeared it across my face to see exactly how far a little bit would go.

The advertisements show models with the product all over their face and I have even read ‘real life’ reviews online, including their photos, and the product looks quite perfect and fresh when first applied. I found it to be perfect and fresh on me too and entirely covered all natural skin colours and tones without being too heavy.

I cannot imagine it lasting all day though, as some have claimed it does for them. I suggest it would be that they have dry/normal skin because on my oily skin, the beeswax formulation is great at first on mine and then doesn’t exactly smudge or melt off, but just doesn’t have the same finish as what you would get from a revlon colourstay or estee lauder double wear.

I am only applying the product to my outter cheeks and blending ever so lightly in towards my nose and with that being the least oily part of my skin, i would not want to chance a full day’s wear on my nose or forehead.

For a concealer I am finding the cover creme to be excellent – I don’t even know why I also bought the stick concealer now.

I was wondering how other people found using DermaBlend or what other products have far surpassed DermaBlend with this lightweight yet HEAVY pigmented coverage?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.