Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Community Challenge Community Challenge: Pop Art WINNERS ANNOUNCED

This topic contains 53 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Paulina PK Mesmerize 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author

We have chosen @allygogo as the winner for best over all look! We felt she really embraced the spirit of the challenge, and enjoyed her creativity. We loved how the uniqueness of her look, and appreciated her use of benday dots as a way to contour her cheekbones, very nifty.  Excellent job!  For our winner chosen at random, congratulations to @Maliha Yakub! We thought your  comic book look was so fun! We will be in contact with both of you about your prizes, so please check your inboxes ladies!

Thanks to all who entered! You all did a marvelous job. :)

Here’s all the info you will need for this month’s challenge:

http://www.makeupgeek.com/community-challenge/monthly-challenge-pop-art/

We can’t wait to see what you come up with this time!

Hey! As soon as I saw this challenge I had to try and come up with something, I love using bright colors and pop art is all about bright bold colors. I ended up liking it so, here it is. After looking at a lot of pop art/pop art inspired images, I wanted to try to make a look that combined the fun comic book shapes and colors with the women that are portrayed by Lichtenstein, with stand out lash lines, brows, and lips. Hope you like.

I am just toooo excited for this challenge!

Can’t wait to see all of the amazing entries from you beautiful talented MUGS!

:)

Hello everyone! This is my pop art inspired look, I know I don’t have the chance with all the amazing entries that will show up but I had a really good time creating this look. Sorry for the horrible face trying to have a sad expression like Roy Lichtenstein’s girls :D

SDC10612

SDC10611

SDC10603 (2)

SDC10610

SDC10602

This look is my entry for this month’s challenge it was kind of inspired a bit from a Marilyn Monroe pop art picture I saw awhile ago. Good luck to everyone! :)

I was really excited to try this challenge.  It’s my first!  I loved the idea of doing a half face Pop Art and half normal.  Hope you enjoy!

photo (13)

photo (14

photo (12)

IMG_2018 IMG_1996 IMG_2002 IMG_2003 IMG_2005 IMG_2011 IMG_2013

had so much fun with this challenge, took me all day! good lick to everyone :)

When I saw what the monthly challenge was I knew I had to enter. I love comic books and graphic novels and the awesome color usage of pop art paintings. I was really intrigued by Roy Lichtenstein’s style and wanted to create my own look using his style. This is my first time ever entering a makeup challenge. Even if I don’t win this was really fun to do. Good luck everyone!!

MUG Monthly Challenge: Pop Art

DSCF8360 DSCF8386 DSCF8393 DSCF8397:) love all the entries so far

P107011811

My look for the POP ART challenge. Hope you guys like it! :)

P1070103

Guys, sorry that I had to post the photos in two different posts but somehow it was doubling the same photo over and over again …. Love the looks so far :)

Hey everyone, I tried to do a wearable Pop Art Inspired makeup for this challenge. I hope you’ll like it and good luck everyone!

Pop Art Inspired photo PopArtMakeup1_zpsb761f4da.jpg” width=”0″ height=”0″ class=”alignnone” />

Pop Art Inspired photo PopArtMakeup2_zpsdef33719.jpg” width=”0″ height=”0″ class=”alignnone” />

Pop Art Inspired photo PopArtMakeup31_zps1e12a9fe.jpg” width=”0″ height=”0″ class=”alignnone” />

Pop Art Inspired photo PopArtMakeup51_zpsa1488b8f.jpg” width=”0″ height=”0″ class=”alignnone” />

photo PopArtMakeup015-crop_zps4706d37d.jpg” width=”0″ height=”0″ class=”alignnone” />

I apologize for the quality of these pictures, I couldn’t find my actual camera so I had to use my phone and it has a habit of taking crappy pictures D: Also for the fact that the sign is almost illegible. I hope it’s good enough!! I took inspiration from Andy Warhol for this look and more specifically from the Marilyn piece.

Hey I am trying to enter into this contest and upload my photos but for some reason when I do so, it says there’s an error. I made sure the size wasn’t too big and its not. Please help. Thank you.

DesireeStyles4u??

Desiree, I had to upload my photos as a look in order for it to show up and allow me to upload here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

The forum ‘Community Challenge’ is closed to new topics and replies.