Discussion Forums

Join the conversation with other Makeup Geeks

Home Forums Chat About Life Adult friendships

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Odette Odette 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

First off, I’ve been MIA for like, over a year. Alot of things in my life changed. My post is reguarding how you make friends in your late 20s and up?

Back story:

I got married young, 20. At Almost 29, I still don’t regret it. I had 2 best friends in HS and we stayed friends and close after school and into our marriages. Our husbands are all good friends as well. We all live less than 10 miles apart.

Well, last November, I gave birth to my first child. Things changed. Like, dramatically. We never see each other and never get together. Well, at least not with my husband and I anyway. They blow us off all the time and with a 9 month old, it’s very complicated to go places with a 8pm bedtime.

So, my husband and I have come to the conclusion we need new friends. People our age, with a kid or kids around our sons age. But we arent sure how? We have weird work schedules which also doesn’t help our case.

I hope this makes sense and that I can get some ideas. TIA

Profile photo of Odette
    Odette

Hey – great post! It is harder to meet people and develop meaningful friendships as you get older! I have a couple of suggestions.

1. Junior League – see if there is a Junior League in your area! It is a fantastic volunteer organization that is made up of awesome women who are all looking to make new friends and do good in community. http://www.ajli.org/?nd=join
    2. Join a parenting/Mommy’s group.
    3. Chat to other parents at the park – get to know others in your area.
    4. Take a class at your local rec center, I took up tennis and made a ton of new friends. I also took a photography class and meet people there too!
    5. Find people with similar interests on http://www.meetup.com
    6. Check out community events in your area – meet others who enjoy doing the same things you do.

Hope these suggestions help!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Chat About Life’ is closed to new topics and replies.