Weekly Challenge: Makeup Geek Starter Kit
Welcome to this very special edition of the ‘Weekly Challenge!’ This week we came up with a unique way to thank our wonderful customers by hosting a Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Challenge! So get those MUG Shadows out and be ready to win some AWESOME prizes!
“What if I don’t own the Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Starter Kit?” Don’t worry; the Weekly Challenge will be back to normal next week! We just wanted to take the opportunity to thank our customers, celebrate the Makeup Geek brand, and get you guys some great prizes!
In case you couldn’t tell from the title of this post, the Challenge requires the use of at least some of the colors from the Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Starter Kit. While the only shadows you can use in the look have to be from this lineup (Cocoa Bear, Mocha, Glamourous, Purely Naked, Shimma Shimma, Purple Rain, Unexpected, and/or Corrupt), you can use some other products such as eye liner, lashes, primer, etc as long as the Starter Kit colors are the primary color. (Liners should only be accents). Please be sure to list all the products you used in your look.
These are two categories you can enter into: One is a more creative/dramatic look and the other is a more simple but glamorous look — something you might wear to work, school, or social gathering. You can submit one entry for each category.
The reward for this challenge is a unique opportunity to try out our yet-to-be released-to-the-public Makeup Geek Lipsticks! The lipsticks are due to be released in about a month, but the winers of this challenge will get to try these out before anyone else!
The two winners of this challenge will get 6 different preview units – which means the lipstick tubes will be missing their logo and cap screen-printing, (we are still working on this!), but they will have name labels and the artwork on the lipstick box will be completed.
Product Requirements for This Challenge:
- The only eyeshadows used can be from the Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Starter Kit: Cocoa Bear, Mocha, Glamourous, Purely Naked, Shimma Shimma, Purple Rain, Unexpected, and/or Corrupt
- You do not need to use all of the shadows in the kit
- You can use other non-eyeshadow products such as lashes, primer, etc.
- Challenge begins Monday, May 7th and ends Friday, May 18th at midnight EST
- Post photos of your look here in the forum
- Only 2 looks per person, and the work must be your own
- You must list the full list of products used in your look
- Winner will be announced Tuesday, May 22nd
- Prize will be 6 preview units of Makeup Geek Lipsticks (only has name labels — no tube printing yet)
- The spirit of these challenges is to practice & create something new, thus to enter a look into a Weekly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose.
- In one of your photos, please take a picture of yourself holding the products you used in the look (minus the lashes, if used)
- Do not edit or alter your images – images that have been altered will be disqualified.
- Only two entires/person. You may not create other user names to get out of this rule.
- Any entry that is suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions. If you have an issue with this, or believe you are not in violation of the rules, please contact Mariella or Jessica by pm.
- Two winners chosen — one for the most creative look, and one for the most elegant, but simple look. Photography is VERY important with these entries (see our photography guide and how to choose a camera)
- This challenge is open to anyone of any age and from any country