Hello Muggies! It’s that time again, time to announce the new monthly challenge! We are eager to see what you come up with. As always we are sure to be awestruck with what you create. Good luck! :)
Whether you are in your backyard, at the beach, on a rooftop in the heart of the city, or in the middle of the mountains, wherever you are, those dreamy summer sunsets find their way to us all. They help us take a second out of our hectic days to appreciate the beauty in life and all it has to offer. Intensifying the moments, taking a romantic date or a bonfire with friends from memorable to unforgettable.
This month we want you to use the colors nature has provided us, and be inspired by the Summer Sunsets. The intense pinks, purples, oranges and deep blues that appear so vibrantly while the sun is setting in the summertime, set summer sunsets apart from any other time of the year. With the different colors and cloud formations, and the variety of landscape silhouettes, we hope you find this months theme as inspiring as we do. Below are some images to help get you started. Feel free to use your own inspiration photos if you would like as well.
Best of luck to all who enter. We are excited to see what you create! Have a happy July. Stay beautiful. :)
Don’t forget to checkout the details (rules and prize) below.
We have had some AMAZING entries these last few months, that unfortunately have been disqualified due to one minor detail, not including the MUG Monthly Challenge signs in their photos (information required listed in the rules below). This is a reminder for all of you to get those signs up! They don’t have to be anything special, you can even just jot down the information on a piece of scrap paper real quick… just please don’t forget to add them in. Otherwise we will have to disqualify your look, and we really don’t want to do that!! Also, a friendly reminder that editing the images submitted in any way will be disqualified as well (with the exception of cropping the photo). Thanks for your cooperation!
Two winners chosen: one for best look, and one at random, giving everyone a chance to win!
Winners will be announced in the forum and contacted by the end of the month
This month’s challenge prize is:
- Winner of best overall look: NARS Larger Than Life Lipgloss: International Velvet, and Penny Arcade, NARS Highlighting Blush Powder: Satellite Of Love, and Makeup Geek Pigment: Enchanted
- Winner chosen at random: NARS Soft Touch Shadow Pencil: Heat , NARS Larger Than Life Lipgloss: Viva and Makeup Geek Pigment: Enchanted
- Looks must be submitted by the 20th of each month
- Open to all ages from any country
- Limited to one look per person, please do not create an alternate user name to get out of this rule
- Makeup must be done by yourself
- The spirit of these challenges is to practice and create something new, thus to enter a look into a Monthly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose
- Do not edit or alter your images in any way – images that have been altered will be disqualified *Any entry suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions.
- In one of your photos, please make sure you are holding a visible sign while wearing the makeup look that you are entering in the contest that says “MUG Monthly Challenge ___(insert challenge name)___ by ___ (insert user name)___(date)___”
As always if you have any additional questions concerning this months challenge feel free to contact either Amber or I via e-mail.
jena AT makeupgeek DOT com / amber AT makeupgeek DOT com